Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

• Re: Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

Posted 13 years 3 months ago
    • psmeby wrote:
      Rockettheme, to me, remains the best template provider for Joomla. There were some promising templates offered by other companies, however, I have always returned to Rockettheme for my templates.

Gee, that's why I never tried anything else (despite being tempted many times) and that is also why I am maintaining my membership even though I have no new project at all for the last "n" years. Just being able to access the forum is a big deal for me. :P

Further, I love this community which I can say became an integral part of my computing life. It has grown so big that I can't almost believe how it all started from "Simpleboard" to "Loudmouth" to "SMF" and finally to "phpBB". I bet if you can still remember that! 8)

RT is (one of the best if not) the best in this market. Of course, not everyone gets contented. I for one gets dissatisfied once in a while but hey, we all are just humans, unless you believe the rumors that Andy isn't. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

• Kidding aside, (Mambodev a.k.a. Jamboworks a.k.a.) Rockettheme really rocks!
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

• Blue Maroo wrote:
      Further, I love this community which I can say became an integral part of my computing life. It has grown so big that I can't almost believe how it all started from "Simpleboard" to "Loudmouth" to "SMF" and finally to "phpBB". I bet if you can still remember that! 8)

I remember them!

• Andy Miller wrote:
      Blue Maroo wrote:

I remember them!
      Dear Andy ,

Joomla is made for all means fresher /expert/developer etc and so you make some more preset so they can use by any one and I am 100% sure that if you can add 5 to 6 presets to your all existing templates ( from 1/01/2010 to dec 2010) than you can see 500 % jump in your business .
      suggested color theme :

1) light shade like light blue & white for medical /business lines with light color header to suit each logo.
      2) Grey /other light shade - for Industry & educational institutes.
    • Rich Bean
    • Elite Rocketeer

• we all are just humans, unless you believe the rumors that Andy isn't.

Nah, Andy is Human...I think it's James you're talking about! :mrgreen:

And to clarify, I normally find a use for all of the templates, just that this month didn't do it for me personally. But you never know when something clicks and a use is found so I'm not saying that I won't modify it and use it!

For example, lots of people didn't like Syndicate, but I personally liked it. Just a matter of opinion.
    • My Sites:
      Perth Website Design
      Scuba Marketing
      I'm a Henning Stalker!

• Ok template, not that impressed though - design-wise - but as we all know it can be changed :)

One thing. PLEASE make your own contact module to fit with your templates. The standard Joomla is horrible and other 3rd part still does not fit your templates in the design area.

• monkey biz wrote:
      Most of the templates this year have been unusable for me. What I need are more templates that I can use for businesses and churches.

We could all be happy then.

I would love a nice clean church template too...
    • Tyndie
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• There have been plenty of themes that can be used for business, churches and charities. All it takes is a little imagination, and a bit of creativity to customise a template to fit your needs.

It also helps to use css overrides at the end of one of the css files, rather than mass editing css files, as this makes it far easier to update your customised template when revisions are released.
    • breeze
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Mike Holohan wrote:
      I would love a nice clean church template too...

This is the earliest I've scene this thread come alive in many months. Tese posts confuse me a bit. It's the content and imagery that make RT's templates fit your church or any other purpose... you just want a template that is flexible to easily accommodate your church related images and content.
      • use RokStories with strong, compelling church photography
      • consider RokNewsflash or RokTabs to display scripture or motivation quotes in a cool rotating format • • publish a poll to a sidebar position (assuming Gantry layout) to engage your church community and get their opinions
      • install JEvents or JCal Pro and keep a church calendar & also publish their latest events module to your sidebar position
      • add blogging by creating a section/category for each ministry or for your pastor and add a category blog link to each. Consider adding a commenting for this section or using K2 to manage this

Just scratching the surface but there's a bunch you could do if you focus on your content and images. Even if RT were to use church specific images, you would still want to use images and content specific to your church or high impact stock images. The themes allow you to easily change the colors to match your church's colors and often there's a preset that does the trick. Also, remember you can usually dial the theme's preset down from high intensity to low intensity.

With that said, I would like RT to publish at least a couple minimalist themes each year. Rather than focus on what new bells and whistles can be added, I'l love to see them scale back, use AJAX in creative ways to show minimalist design concepts.
    • Tyndie
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• It is quite easy to turn a template into a minimalist theme, all that is required is changing the background level from high to low or none in the template settings.

Best theme to use for a minimalist look is syndicate, it doesn't require much css overriding to make a very clean look theme, which still has great levels of functionality in it.

Time to create page: 0.398 seconds