Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Site Renovations

• Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Site Renovations

Posted 17 years 8 months ago
    • In the process of doing a site revamp.. please have patience while I'm modifying the site. Cheers.
    • Last Edit: 17 years 8 months ago by Andy Miller.
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: Site Renovations

• Ok, as you may of noticed some things have been changed. It shouldn't affect your user experience much, in fact it should enhance it, and at the same time, the foundation for the SMF club has been laid.

First the login/status info has been moved to the header where it's more accessible. Also, the forum is now 'wrapped' instead of being a stand-alone forum with 'matching' template. The "Joomla" tab is more of a portal for Joomla elements of RocketTheme, just as "SMF" tab will be an SMF portal. The Forums is a shared resource and has returned to a place of prominence in the main horizontal menu.

Also I've create a couple of custom modules that will take focus relevant content for you, so guests will see information about the club, while members will see information about downloads etc.

Hope you like the changes!

Cheers,

Andy
  • Re: Site Renovations

• It seems there is a conflict in the new css, as the lines under names and topics are distracting.
    • VirtueShop
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• hold down SHIFT - and click REFRESH.. will fix that.

• I read the message and tried it but it doesn’t fix it, I guess I have to empty my temporary and cache folder.

Edited:
      Deleting temporary folder fixed the problem.
    • Last Edit: 17 years 8 months ago by Peter Osipof.
    • VirtueShop
    • TonyD
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Looking good..

Do you mind my asking why you wrapped the forum instead of a seperate template with right and left columns removed??
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• Well, it was a seperate template, but as I moved the login/status module to the header, I didn't want to replicate that functionality in smf and as a joomla module, nor keep the menu's in sync. I had it standalone for a long time and it served me well, except syncing the menus was a royal pain. This is nice though because I can add modules to the top and it integrates with the forum nicely.
    • Zorro
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Andy,

when you say 'wrapped', you don't mean the Joomla wrapper, do you? Because I don't see any Iframes here.

Could you elaborate on how you did it?

Kind regards,
      Zorro
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• the Joomla-SMF bridge i'm using can either be used in 'wrapped' or 'standalone' mode. In wrapped mode, it treats smf like a component, and puts the smf content in the body of joomla just like any other component. In standalone, it doesn't wrap the template around, and effectively you have to skin the forum's template to look like your joomla one. It's more work.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds