Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Use TinyMCE to Edit Typography!!!!!

• Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Use TinyMCE to Edit Typography!!!!!

Posted 16 years 2 months ago
    • NOTE: Ok, I feel like a real idiot for not finding this out sooner, but that's partly because I never use a WYSIWYG and therefore have not really played with it much.

We traditionally tell people to turn OFF their WYSIWYG editor when editing custom scripts, or typography or whatever because these editors strip out extra css classes, javascript etc. Well, I just discovered that with TinyMCE at least you can disable this 'feature'. Just go to Mambots -> Site Mambots in your joomla administrator, then click on the "TinyMCE WYSIWYG Editor" link. In the properties, set the "Code Cleanup" radio button to "Off".

Voila, you can now just switch to the HTML mode in the editor, add any classes you need, and they wont be stripped out like they usually are.

Joomla 1.5:

Go to Extensions > Plugin Manager and select TinyMCE2.0

On the right for the "Code Clean-up on Save" select "Never"

See image below
    • Last Edit: 15 years 11 months ago by Mike VanKirk.
    • Bob Ateah
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Use TinyMCE to Edit Typography!!!!!

• I've been doing that for some time now... guess I should have mentioned that. :-[

Great job Andy!
    • The member formerly known as Roland Deschain
      After your question is solved, please Edit your original post and choose the Solved message icon, thank you!
  • Re: Use TinyMCE to Edit Typography!!!!!

• Thanks for the tip. Very handy!

• ;D That is why I joined the Club...it's the little things that count.
    • "You can learn a lot from a dummy. So, pay attention to yourself." Quote by me.
    • azajet
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Thanks for the tip
    • Peadar
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Thanks Andy

I use mostly use JCE as Tiny MCE gave me too much hassle.
      Following your tip I checked the config options for JCE and found a switch for html code cleanup in there as well.
      Default must be off as I never touched it and it's set to off, see attached.

Cheers

• Cheers for that :)
    • James Spencer / Developer & Support / Hull, UK
    • patrick
    • Rocketeer

• Tell me, will you still recommend RokTextile to edit Typography & Create new Content?

• Andy Miller wrote:
      NOTE: Ok, I feel like a real idiot for not finding this out sooner, but that's partly because I never use a WYSIWYG and therefore have not really played with it much.

We traditionally tell people to turn OFF their WYSIWYG editor when editing custom scripts, or typography or whatever because these editors strip out extra css classes, javascript etc. Well, I just discovered that with TinyMCE at least you can disable this 'feature'. Just go to Mambots -> Site Mambots in your joomla administrator, then click on the "TinyMCE WYSIWYG Editor" link. In the properties, set the "Code Cleanup" radio button to "Off".
      How to do this in Joomla 1.5 ??

Thanks.
    • Max Miecchi
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • MediaWorks

• Andy Miller wrote:
      Well, I just discovered that with TinyMCE at least you can disable this 'feature'. Just go to Mambots -> Site Mambots in your joomla administrator, then click on the "TinyMCE WYSIWYG Editor" link. In the properties, set the "Code Cleanup" radio button to "Off".

Previous versions of TinyMCE (like the one coming in bundle with the italian standard Joomla! 1.0 installation) don't show this option. That's probably why you didn't notice it before.
    • MediaWorks Worldwide
      MediaWorks Italia
      Communication, Crossmedia, Advertising, IT. Visual, Graphic and Web Design.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds