Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED PHP 7.0 Update Error

• atdny
    • Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED PHP 7.0 Update Error

Posted 4 years 3 months ago
    • Ok gents. I have updated everything, seemingly successfully. Going one by one seemed to do the trick. Thanks for the recommendations.

But I now am unable to edit any posts or pages. I get a completely white screen when I choose to edit page or post instead of the edit screen. I was able to edit successfully prior to the updates.

Any ideas what could be causing this oddity?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• i guess you updated wp too? load "wp classic editor" plugin and activate it (which deactivates gutenberg editor). you should then be ok.

Regards, Mark
    • The following users have thanked you: Reggie Simmons

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• By the way, the real cause of the issue is that you have not updated rokfeaturetable to latest version (v1.11) - you only have v1.8 installed. The update is available on the "Legacy" tile of the WP plugins page on the RT site https://rockettheme.com/wordpress/plugins .

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: atdny

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • atdny
    • Rocketeer

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• The errors (which are only warnings) are coming from your WP SEO plugin so please ask the developer of that plugin about that.

Regards, Mark.
    • atdny
    • Rocketeer

Posted 3 years 4 months ago
    • Hello RT,

I hope all is well.

It's update time again. I am looking to upgrade:

WP from 5.3.6 to 5.5.3
      Gantry 4 Framework from 4.1.20 to 4.1.21

My hosting account has site backups but I wanted to check with RT before updating to see if there were any recommendations to prevent downtime. My last update was a bit of a doozy.

I was going to update WP first and then Gantry, but I appreciate any recommendations you can give if any.

I appreciate your time.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Posted 3 years 4 months ago
    • I'd do Gantry first and then take a backup. Then check all other RT extensions and the theme are up-to-date too (update them if they're not). After that do the WP update.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Reggie Simmons

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds