Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Trying to update php7.0 to 7.somethingbetter

• Keven
    • Elite Rocketeer

SOLVED Trying to update php7.0 to 7.somethingbetter

Posted 1 year 9 months ago
    • I'm running an updated Joomla site 3.10.9 and trying to update the underlying PHP version from 7.0 to anything higher, but no matter which version, I just end up with a plain white page and the word "error".

Following the advice of another thread, I tried again, but switching to the Protostar default template, and the site works, so off I went to see if there are update files for Chapelco I would need to install first, but if I go to Manage -> Update and click on the RocketTheme login, the pop-up appears blank, so I have no way of connecting to Rockettheme to see if there's an update available for it.

As an aside, I considered that it might not be Chapelco, but rather, one of the modules it was showing that wasn't assigned in Protostar, so I turned off all the modules, but to no luck.

Am I missing something? Maybe even barking up the wrong tree?
    • Google Chat: ennovative (at) gmail.com
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Trying to update php7.0 to 7.somethingbetter

• The latest version of Chapelco is v1.12 and that is required for PHP7.x fixes (you don't currently have a valid subscription that would enable you to download it). Also you Joomla version is out of date too.

Please note that Gantry4 and it's templates are not (and never will be) compatible with PHP8 or Joomla 4.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Keven

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Keven
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED Trying to update php7.0 to 7.somethingbetter

• Thank you as always! You're most helpful.
    • Google Chat: ennovative (at) gmail.com

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds