Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED RT Koleti Calendar Particle Exhausted

• SOLVED RT Koleti Calendar Particle Exhausted

Posted 2 years 5 months ago
    • Hi There,

We have recently implemented your calendar particle that comes with RT Koleti on one of clients and they have added somewhat about 60-100 events.

Now when the client goes on to add more events, They are not saving.

It looks like all the data is saved in one column called params in the modules table. This column is a mediumtext type field.

Is there anything that can be done on your end to rectify this

Many Thanks
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED RT Koleti Calendar Particle Exhausted

• That implies that you are using the calendar particle in a "Gantry 5 particle" module wrapper in Joomla module manager. We can't change the fields that Joomla uses to store data. So, the only thing I can suggest is that you place the calendar particle directly on the layout of your outline (as we do in the demo) and then all the data is stored in a YAML flat file (and not stored in the Joomla database), in this way there should be no limitation on the number of events that can be stored. That said, 100 events is a lot.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED RT Koleti Calendar Particle Exhausted

• Hey thanks for the response. I have done this in a dev environment.

Can you please let me know the location of this YAML file

Thanks
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED RT Koleti Calendar Particle Exhausted

• /templates/rt_koleti/custom/config/XXX/layout.yaml where XXX is the outline ID

But, you absolutely should not attempt to change these files manually - the slightest mistake will make your site inoperable. I know it's a pain but you will need to set-up the calendar particle again from scratch in it's settings when place on the layout of your outline.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED RT Koleti Calendar Particle Exhausted

• Hey Thanks for the reply man,

I've created a fabrik form in the backend to populate the dates and then overrided the particle to populate the events from my custom ajax module

It works like charm now.

I should have researched the limitations a bit more on this but lesson learned. Thanks for your help

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds