Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

RokNavMenu Exporter Issue While Installing.

• TrevorV
    • Jr. Rocketeer

RokNavMenu Exporter Issue While Installing.

Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    • Trying to install Roknavmenu exporter and when I click "upload and install" I just get a white page..

Joomla 3.4.1
      phpbb 3.0.13
      Ionisphere template and phpbb style.

I guess you guys are going to say that RokNavMenu Exporter doesn't work with Joomla 3.4, right?
    • Roeland_A!
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: RokNavMenu Exporter Issue While Installing.

• this may simply imply that the installer does not work on 3.4
    • *Karma comes in many forms, my personal favourite is the random saucepan from the sky* J.Spencer 17-02-2009
    • TrevorV
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• And it's been out for 29 days.. I am sure this is an easy fix. Anybody know what needs to be done or what I can look at? The bad part is, I don't get ANY errors! Not in logs, server logs, etc.. Nothing.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 11 months ago by TrevorV.
    • Roeland_A!
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• With a positive idea, you can extract the files on server and try to install from the xml.
      what do you mean with 29 days?
    • *Karma comes in many forms, my personal favourite is the random saucepan from the sky* J.Spencer 17-02-2009
    • TrevorV
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Version 3.4 has been out for 29 days. Understand you guys are busy.. I will try your suggestion.
    • Roeland_A!
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• the thing is the exporter has not been updated for a very long time now, I am not even sure whether it will be. Furthermore, it is a free plugin. I remember the first time I updated a component myself, were a lot of people had the idea that it was easy. It was not. It took me several months, but alas many people do not value the amount of work and time that goes into fixing plugins/components/modules. I will ask if the plugin will be updated, but that is all I can do.
    • TrevorV
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• I understand, never said anything about it being easy. I really don't understand why RT hasn't kept it updated.. You guys make the phpbb styles for the templates, so I can't see a reason why the exporter wouldn't be updated as well. I guess I can try JFusion..

Btw, Install from directory ends in the same result, white page.

On another note, what about RokBridge? I can't even find it on your site any more.. I would think this is another phpbb related extensions that would have been a priorty..
    • Roeland_A!
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• i have updated rokbridge for seversl times, i just need to update the installer for 3.4, i have it working, just did not get round to packing it all again in a new package. that version works only with phpbb3.0.x versions and is no longer free. if you search the forum you'll find several posts stating exactly that info. rt decided a long time ago to drop the extension, I kept it updated afterwards.
    • TrevorV
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Yep, shortly after I posted my last reply, I found your thread for Rokbridge. I decided to try Jfusion and it seems to be working. As far as the exporter, I guess I'm just out of luck.. This is my last time buying from RT. No offense to you and thank you for trying to help. I will keep your email handy in case Jfusion doesn't work out.
    • Roeland_A!
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• I will have a look at the exporter during the weekend and see what I can find.
      Regards,
      Roel

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds