Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Afterburner not formatting posts correctly

• Afterburner not formatting posts correctly

Posted 14 years 2 months ago
    • Hi Jakub, and Happy New Year!

As you know, I installed Refraction for my company website and, with your assistance, it's been working great. So I decided to try a different template for my blog ( www.intelfusion.net ) and chose Afterburner. I'm using WordPress 2.9 for my blog. Afterburner installed fine, however just recently my posts do not show the formatting when published that I applied when writing it - that's ALL of my posts.

For example, applying the Quote format shows an indentation of the quoted text in the editing box, but not after its published. Same problem with centering a description under a figure. It looks correct in the editing box, but after its published, the description text is pushed off to the side of the image instead of underneath and centered. Same problem with using bullets.

Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated. If you need to log in to my blog to check it out, send me an email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I'll send you the logon info.

Thanks,
      Jeff
  • Re: Afterburner not formatting posts correctly

• Hi Jeff,

Thanks for all kind words and happy new year to you too! :)

Please open wp.css file from your theme directory and add this code :
      .aligncenter,
      div.aligncenter {
          display: block;
          margin-left: auto;
          margin-right: auto;
      }

.wp-caption {
          border: 1px solid #ddd;
          text-align: center;
          background-color: #f3f3f3;
          padding-top: 4px;
          margin: 10px;
          /* optional rounded corners for browsers that support it */
          -moz-border-radius: 3px;
          -khtml-border-radius: 3px;
          -webkit-border-radius: 3px;
          border-radius: 3px;
      }

.wp-caption img {
          margin: 0;
          padding: 0;
          border: 0 none;
      }

.wp-caption p.wp-caption-text {
          font-size: 11px;
          line-height: 17px;
          padding: 0 4px 5px;
          margin: 0;
      }

Please tell me if the problem with quotation and bullets still exists and if yes can you please give me direct links to sample posts ?

Cheers
      Jakub
    • Remember to always post a link to the site you're having problem with.

• Hi Jeff,
      JeffreyC wrote:
      The only .css file I could find for Afterburner was (style.css), so I opened it and added the code you suggested. It didn't change the posts in question however.

Sorry but that's wrong file. You have to go to the wordpress/wp-content/themes/rt_afterburner_wp/css/wp.css and there add the code from above.
      After you'll fix this please check one more time everything and tell me if there's still something wrong.

Cheers
      Jakub

• Ok, Jakub. I added the code to the correct file this time however it doesn't appear to have made a difference. I still cannot get the formatting to appear when the post is published.

Next steps?

Thanks for your assistance on this,
      Jeff

• Hi Jeff,

From what i checked on your site the captions under images are correct now. Regarding that you can see the indent in the blockquote in the editor and not the site, explanation is easy : when you're editing post in admin dashboard - wordpress is using styling from the dashboard and when you are going through your site - the site styling is used. Because Afterburner is our free product - it doesn't include typography styling and that's why you don't have any indent on blockquote etc. So why not to create the styling by your own ? In example :
      blockquote {padding: 20px;}
      and you got indent ;)

Also regarding lists - there's also no indent but they are displayed properly for me.

Cheers
      Jakub

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds