Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Afterburner formatting question x2

• Afterburner formatting question x2

Posted 14 years 1 month ago
    • Hello again, thank you for your help in the past and hopefully you will be able to assist me again with a couple of "ticky" CSS issues that I have run into while using the Afterburner template. First let me say that I did alter the CSS to reduce the gap at the top of the article headings and the top of the pages just because I thought it would look better to my eye. Ok, let me post two links to give you a reference to my issues.
      1 > Category Page - www.pocait.org/?cat=28
      2 > Click "Learn More" - www.pocait.org/?p=364
      3 > Click "Comment Link" - www.pocait.org/?p=364#respond

Ok, when you compare the two ways to get to the comment form, the "learn more" link (2) displays the page as I would like for it to. When you click on the "comment" link (3), you see that the breadcrumb area overlays the page and obscures part of the article heading.

Next, in both cases (all actually) the blue "submit" button at the bottom of the article is cut off a little... so, I need to give it a little more room to breathe. I have looked at the code a little but at this point I have started getting cross eyed, if you know what I mean. Please help me to correct these items if you would... I would appreciate it a lot because I want my site to be as clean as possible.

Also, I am using Firefox 3.6 to view the site and submit posts. I love the template too, by the way and I appreciate you guys putting this out here for free.
  • Re: Afterburner formatting question x2

Posted 14 years 1 month ago
    • Hi Virginia,

Regarding that heading please open light2.css from your Afterburner css dir and find this code :
      .article_row  {margin:0 -10px 15px;overflow:hidden;}
      and try to change it to :
      .article_row  {margin:0 -10px 15px;}
      and see if that helpes :)

The button issue is caused by not plugin specified css from one of your plugins - it adds a margin to all buttons on the site!
      To fix it please open wp.css from your css dir and find this code :
      form#commentform input {
      margin-bottom:10px;
      padding:2px 5px;
      }
      and change it to :
      form#commentform input {
      margin-bottom:10px;
      padding:2px 5px;
      margin-top: 0 !important;
      }

Tell me how it went :)

Jakub
    • Remember to always post a link to the site you're having problem with.
  • Re: Afterburner formatting question x2

Posted 14 years 3 weeks ago
    • Jakub... thanks, that does help but I wonder what causes it? Now, if you click on the two links in my original post (example 2 & 3), you see where the results are very different. Clicking on www.pocait.org/?p=364#respond completely eliminates the breadcrumbs from the top and also puts in the bottom margin that I want.

Clicking on www.pocait.org/?p=364 puts the breadcrumbs back but cuts out some of the bottom margin. Mind you, I am not complaining about the template... I love it and it is working good for me. I just want to get it operating as consistently as I can before the usership goes up.

Thanks again for all of your help! I really do appreciate it.

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds