Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Widget overrides with Gantry

• Re: Widget overrides with Gantry

Posted 12 years 10 months ago
    • The Overrides with issues were newly created and not inherited from RocketLauncher.
    • Cliff Pfeifer
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Website Developer

Re: Widget overrides with Gantry

Posted 12 years 10 months ago
    • Interesting. It seems the Rocket Launcher is always involved with these cases, we are looking at the installer script to see if that might have something to do with it. I'm also actively testing on a fresh Wordpress install to try and replicate the issue.

The more information you all can provide about what created the problem, how you're setting up your system, your website environment ECT - the more we can start to narrow down the exact issue. Believe me when I say that no one wants to find the to this answer more than we do. Thanks.
    • The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

Posted 12 years 9 months ago
    • Did you come up with any solution?

• I'm just finding this post. I've replied to another post that mentioned override issues. I did use RocketLauncher to create the website. I have edited the widget code to add styling. I have tried deleting widgets as well as deleting overrides to clear the wrong widgets appearing on override pages, but not only is it affecting new overrides, it seems to be creeping into older override pages that were working correctly earlier.

Should I try re-installing Gantry? I'm not sure how to do that in WP. :cry:

Thanks,
      Tiff
    • Cliff Pfeifer
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Website Developer

• Hi, I also responded to your other post. I have not been able to replicate this issue by doing a separate install of wordpress, gantry, theme and plug-ins, it's only been on Rocket Launchers. If you have a local testing or other development area to try on, it might be worth a shot.

• I posted in the Zephyr forum that doing a completely clean install of WordPress, Gantry and RT Theme and extensions has cleared the problem with the widgets. I am using Gantry 1.16 and WP 3.1.4.

However there is still a bug on editing widgets created by another user. It can't be done. I have to replace the widget created by another user entirely rather than just edit the widget. Hope that helps with debugging the next version of Gantry.

Best,
      Tiff

• Well, I spoke too soon. It's totally messed up again. It seems it has everything to do with multiple users adding widgets and then trying to edits someone else widgets. As soon as I tried editing and then having to replace widgets because they were someone else's widgets I started getting widgets being replaced by the other widgets in the wrong place all over the website again. What a complete nightmare! :evil:
      Not sure what to do at this point.

Best,
      Tiff

• So, I seemed to have resolved it be removing the ascii characters I used on a few overrides. I used the ascii character for the + sign and all hell broke loose. I had to replace widgets that weren't using the sign even after I removed the sign from the widgets I had placed the sign. Where ever the wrong widgets appeared on various pages I had to delete the widget that was being hidden by the wrong widget. Once I did that all was fine again, for now... I'm not even going to try to have another user put a widget in, because that is still a problem with editing widgets that aren't your own.

Best of luck with these bugs,
      Tiff
    • Cliff Pfeifer
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Website Developer

• Hi Tiff, thank you for your feedback. All of the information you provided is very helpful. I have been in contact with the developers about this issue, and it is a priority once this months releases are wrapped up. I have been able to replicate this on my local server and am putting together notes for the WP developers to review. We all want this to be fixed, I understand it's frustrating, but we're doing our best to resolve the situation.

• Yep, I hear you. I wanted to document this bug as best as possible in hopes it will help. I replaced all the other users widgets and it seems that has helped. I had one set that made by me and they were appearing in reverse order. So I reversed their order and they are all sticking ok now, last time I looked.

Best,
      Tiff

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds