Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Widget overrides with Gantry

• cYa
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Re: Widget overrides with Gantry

Posted 12 years 6 months ago
    • it looks like a database problem. stuff is getting saved wrong. i can delete my customized widget and come back later and see it reoccuring as if it was never deleted it. i can delete the customize preference option, and add an entirely different name and the widget i re-add still has the same text widget content that i deleted!!!! sloppy sloppy coding dudes!

i'm going to totally reinstall wordpress, re-init mysql files from the bottom up and retry. since this all worked before and run a back version of gantry,. 1.8. let you know how it works.
    • cYa
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• wow. it failed ! all brand new and using the old version of Gantry, overrides fail :cry:
  • Re: Widget overrides with Gantry

• Does that mean you tried 1.19 prior to downgrading to 1.18?

I was about to try WP Gantry 1.19 with a virgin test installation (not rocketlauncher) but if that's going to crash and burn too I'm not going to waste my time. Done enough of that already!

Looks like there are a few posts on theme-specific forums here that are the same Gantry issue and not actually theme-specific. Makes you wonder how under-diagnosed this malaise is...
    • Sheldon
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Barry Francis wrote:
      Does that mean you tried 1.19 prior to downgrading to 1.18?

I was about to try WP Gantry 1.19 with a virgin test installation (not rocketlauncher) but if that's going to crash and burn too I'm not going to waste my time. Done enough of that already!

Looks like there are a few posts on theme-specific forums here that are the same Gantry issue and not actually theme-specific. Makes you wonder how under-diagnosed this malaise is...
      It's not a theme-specific bug. The bug is expressed in even the default Gantry theme for WordPress.
    • thom13

• cYa wrote:
      IS THERE A FIX YET FOR GANTRY OVERRIDES.

Yes, there is a fix! Get a refund and say bye bye to RocketTheme like I did! :twisted:

Posted 12 years 5 months ago
    • thom13 wrote:
      cYa wrote:
      IS THERE A FIX YET FOR GANTRY OVERRIDES.

Yes, there is a fix! Get a refund and say bye bye to RocketTheme like I did! :twisted:

This is pretty ridiculous. I have been asking about this problem since day one of this install. All I have been told is to delete the override and make a new one. The problem is some OR can have 100's of settings and now way to save them. They should make some sort of export function or a WP style backup/restore. Gantry for WP is a mess. I have had 100's of wasted hours with Gantry. Looks like it's been almost 5 months now and Not a thing from the Dev's. I was hoping an upgrade would fix this but reading the problems with the up grades "NOT". :evil:

• I found that while the problem existed I simply had to re-save a few settings to keep my theme as I wanted, then recently with the latest update of Gantry everything works fine (a few space bars moved when I upgraded but easily fixed, plus the iPhone theme has a small problem, but on the case).

I'm a little easy on these guys because I get a hell of a lot out of these products for what I see as very little money, these themes are some of the best out there and something like Gantry is a complex beast that solves a lot of Wordpress shortfalls. I knew that If I was patient the problems would get sorted out and they have.

There's a human on the other side of this forum, treat them nicely 8)

• Dominic Reid wrote:
      I found that while the problem existed I simply had to re-save a few settings to keep my theme as I wanted, then recently with the latest update of Gantry everything works fine (a few space bars moved when I upgraded but easily fixed, plus the iPhone theme has a small problem, but on the case).

I'm a little easy on these guys because I get a hell of a lot out of these products for what I see as very little money, these themes are some of the best out there and something like Gantry is a complex beast that solves a lot of Wordpress shortfalls. I knew that If I was patient the problems would get sorted out and they have.

There's a human on the other side of this forum, treat them nicely 8)

Can you please send the Step by step details? This has been such a bummer. Clients all over my A$$. I have Gantry in a Joomla install and works Great. WP :-/

• Backup your datatabase, make a copy of your Gantry plugin then upgrade Gantry to the latest version. There is a fix for the issue to do with saving widget positions etc in the update.
    • Sheldon
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Can anyone confirm that the widget bug is fixed in the update?

There is a human (a client) who would be treated well by such a fix. :oops:

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds