Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Menu not found (404)

• SOLVED Menu not found (404)

Posted 3 years 3 months ago
    • WordPress 5.6 running Sienna theme. All plugins up-to-date.
      All pages/posts that are in a dropdown on included in the main site menu or part of a sidebar menu are generating this error:
      An exception has been thrown during the rendering of a template ("Menu not found").
      My home and lineup link are not throwing this error. Only the items in the dropdown or that are included in the interior lineup menu.
      Kate Wolf Music Festival
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

I hope someone can help me correct this. I've tried rebuilding the menu and even doing a custom link. Nothing works.
      Thanks in advance!
    • Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by yhendrix.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Menu not found (404)

• Please would you post your URL, admin id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Also, Please post your FTP logon, password and FTP URL in the secure area of your post.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Menu not found (404)

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Login details do not work - please check.

I also require FTP login details too.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Your Sienna theme is out of date on v1.2.3 - so please backup and update to latest v1.3.2

Also, can you tell me exactly the folder path that this site resides in via ftp - there seem to be so many to choose from.

Also, was this ever working? If so, what changed?

Regards, Mark.

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Hmmm, do you have any other information on "some plugins updated"?

Something is breaking Gantry and that's nearly always a third-party plugin. Can I suggest that you try disbaling as many plugins as you can to see if you can find the culprit.

See docs on updating theme http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/basics/updating-themes

Your rokcommon, roksprocket are out of date too.

Regards, Mark.

• Widgetkit is by YooTheme and it's never caused a problem. Installed years ago at the same time the site was created.
      • WPBakery Page Builder is a backend framework for page layout and has never caused a problem. Installed years ago at the same time the site was created.
      • Weekly Class Schedule has never caused a problem. Installed years ago at the same time the site was created.
      No other plugins are activated other than the theme plugins. I'm backing up the site now and will update the theme and plugins.
      I'll keep you posted. Thanks again.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Just because a previous version of an extension never caused a problem does not mean that an updated version of it won't. Every time you update something there is a risk that you will break something else. That's why you should always take a backup before updating anything (and preferably try the update on a test clone of the site first before updating a live site).

RT doesn't provide support for RT products, nor can we guarantee that our products will work with all versions of another provider's products. That said, it's a puzzling issue that you have and I'll try my best to help you get this resolved. Right now though I am clueless why it's broken as it is.

Let me know when you've done the updates.

Regards, Mark.

p.s. do you have a backup to go back to before you did the initial updates?
    • Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by MrT.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds