Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Login Particle & Widget Questions

• Maria Dacus
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Web Site Designer/Administrator

SOLVED Login Particle & Widget Questions

Posted 2 years 3 months ago
    • I'm using the latest version of WP with Gantry and the Phoenix template. I'm having an issue with widgets in general, and the login in particlular.

1) I can't find an answer to how do I assign a widget to a position, but only on a specific page. So, if I want the contact page to have my address in the sidebar-a position, how do I get it so it doesn't show on the about me page?

2) I want to put a Login Widget in the Popup Particle, but I can't figure that out either. There is a list of available widgets and none of them are my login widget. I found some tutorials on how to add a custom widget, but I can't find my "theme/widget..." directory. I also saw some information on a Login Particle, but I can't find that either.

I'm sorry if these questions have already been answered. I've been doing a lot of work arounds that are working, but I doubt they are best practice. (Like having a separate outline in gantry for every page on my site).
    • Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Maria Dacus.
    • When solved, please modify your original post and add (SOLVED) into the subject AND change your icon to the green check.  This helps people know they can find a solution in your post if they have the same problem.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Login Particle & Widget Questions

Posted 2 years 3 months ago
    • I answered 1 on your other topic

The popupwidget particle only shows wordpress widgets that would show in the appearance > widgets page normally. To that end,m you would need to have a plugin installed that is capable of showing a login form.

Even then, popupwidget particle is not great - and it's better to get a native widget that can do the popup for you and assign that widget to a widget position in the first place.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Maria Dacus

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds