Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Particle assignment to FP only

• SOLVED Particle assignment to FP only

Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    • Hello,

my question is if there is a way to make a particle visible only on a specific page - like an assignment.
      The problem is I have made several particles in the default section and one of them shouldn't be visible on other pages except the FP.

Is there a simple solution to make it apear only on the FP?

BR
      D
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Particle assignment to FP only

• Yes, use a Gantry 5 particle module. This is effectively a wrapper to enable you to use a particle asany other module in joomla (so you can assign it to specific menu items). So...

1. In the current location of you particle on the layout of your outline add a "module position" particle instead and give it a "key" (module position name) of anything you like.

2. create a "Gantry 5 particle" module in Joomla module manager, and in that choose a particle and set all the particle settings as your original particle on your layout had, then assign that module to the module position that you created and also the menu item you want it to appear on.

That's it!

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Senio PRO d.o.o.

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Particle assignment to FP only

• Is there a way to copy the settings and itams of the original particle or must I create it from scratch?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Particle assignment to FP only

• You must start again from scratch - it's not possible to copy.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Particle assignment to FP only

Posted 10 months 2 weeks ago
    • This is brilliant. It took me a bit to wrap my mind around the concept, but it will prove invaluable.

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds