Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Fatal Error via upgrading FA to 4.7

• SOLVED Fatal Error via upgrading FA to 4.7

Posted 5 years 6 months ago
    • site here.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 805306368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) in /home/palmet48/public_html/libraries/gantry/core/utilities/gantrylesscompiler.class.php on line 1262

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 805306368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 805306368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Cannot call session save handler in a recursive manner in Unknown on line 0

Should I be looking for my php.ini file? or .htaccess?
    • Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Tami Whiteside. Reason: solved
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Fatal Error via upgrading FA to 4.7

• Neither because that's a huge amount of memory to be exhausting - you should not need that much.

So I suspect that there is an error in the way that you upgraded fontawesome.

To update fontawesome 3 to version 4.x - please see http://www.rockettheme.com/forum/joomla-general-questions/225736-updating-your-template-from-font-awesome-3-to-4?start=0#1112560

The above link should help you... I know you are using fontawesome 4 already but it will tell you the files that you should be changing.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Fatal Error via upgrading FA to 4.7

• Since I'm using "Option 2", I have verified each and every file.
      This is me, so something is still off.

What's my next step?
    • Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Tami Whiteside.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Please post your FTP logon, password and FTP URL in the secure area of your post.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators

• Sorry to bother you, MrT...
      Any luck?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I've spent ages on this so far... I have been trying to do this myself locally on my own vermilion install and I too get "out of memory" errors for some bizarre reason I have yet to ascertain...

I am still looking at this but...

Your FTP details are incomplete - what url do I use for the ftp login details (i tried you site url but that does not work?).

Regards, Mark.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok after many hours of experimentation here is a process that works for me in Vermilion.

1. install Gantry 4 again in extensions manager (no need to uninstall) - all this does is reset the files back.
      2. clear browser cache (frontend) and server cache (backend).
      3. download and unzip fontawesome 4.7 https://fontawesome.com/v4.7.0/
      4. unzip fontawesome 4.7 locally
      5. Using ftp copy from local font-awesome-4.7.0/less/ these files:
      font-awesome.less
      icons.less
      variables.less
      to /libraries/gantry/assets/jui/less/font-awesome4
      6. Now EDIT the /libraries/gantry/assets/jui/less/font-awesome4/variables.less file and change the path in the variable from "../fonts" to "../../../libraries/gantry/assets/jui/fonts/font-awesome4" and save the file back to your server.
      7. Using ftp from local font-awesome-4.7.0/fonts/ copy all the files in that directory to /libraries/gantry/assets/jui/fonts/font-awesome4
      8. clear browser cache (frontend) and server cache (backend).

Hopefully now you will see that your fa-heartbeat icon works.

Phew that was hard work! :)

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by MrT.
    • The following users have thanked you: Henning

• So it wasn't just me?

I've followed your instructions... (what was different?)...
      The good news is that my site's back online, via the Gantry re-install.

The bad news is that I still don't see my heart and motorcycle icons.
      But...
      Do you?

I've cleared my front end and back end caches, but sometimes it seems to take a little time.
      What do you see?

• Further note on the icons - see screenshots.
      Does the
      ::before
      seen on the visible icons make the difference?

Note: I do have an FA Pro subscription, so I could conceivably bypass FA 4.7 and go straight to FA 5.3.1.
      I don't want to muddy the waters, though.
    • Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Tami Whiteside. Reason: added thought re: FA Pro.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds