Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED blocked due to MIME type (“text/html”) mismatch (X-Content-Type-Options: no

• Eoin
    • Hero Rocketeer

SOLVED blocked due to MIME type (“text/html”) mismatch (X-Content-Type-Options: no

Posted 4 years 4 months ago
    • I have started getting this 403 error in my console:
      The resource from “https://www.*************.co.uk/templates/g5_hydrogen/custom/css-compiled/com_breezingforms__selects” was blocked due to MIME type (“text/html”) mismatch (X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff). www.*********.co.uk

This is a relatively new thing, these files were working the other day. The message confuses me, I have tried to use the default Joomla! .htaccess file but that didn't change anything so now I'm not sure if it is .htaccess related or not.

I have used quite a lot of imports in my custom.css file, I was wondering if that could be the cause, but it seems like the error indicates otherwise. The only reason I thought that is because when inspecting element sometimes the incorrect file shows as having the css.
    • Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Eoin.
    • Just a lonely web designer trying to make his way
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED blocked due to MIME type (“text/html”) mismatch (X-Content-Type-Options: no

• Also, Please post your FTP logon, password and FTP URL in the secure area of your post.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Eoin

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Eoin
    • Hero Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED blocked due to MIME type (“text/html”) mismatch (X-Content-Type-Options: no

• Done
    • Eoin
    • Hero Rocketeer

• One thing I have noticed is that all of the files mentioned are missing .css at the end of their name. So clicking on the file goes to a folder instead of a css file.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• The FTP account login provided does not give me access to anything? (just .ftpquota) - please check.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Are you by any chance using Cloudflare too? - If you are turn it off and clear it's cache.

Regards, Mark.
    • Eoin
    • Hero Rocketeer

• That's weird I don't know why that was I've updated with SSH.

We aren't using Cloudflare.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• The scss files that you are importing in your scss do not match the file names:

Example:
      _com__breezingforms__range.scss

You are importing with =:
      @import "com_breezingforms__range";

Note difference in double underscore vs single underscore in the file name (after "com").

Regards, Mark.

p.s. you will need to clear down css-compiled folder to remove those errorneous files.
    • Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by MrT.

• Eoin
    • Hero Rocketeer

• OH man, what an idiot, sorry to make you spend time on such a foolish thing. Fresh eyes and all that.

Is the correct way to clear down CSS-compiled to delete all files in that folder and recompiling the CSS?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Yes, just delete the folder contents and recompile CSS from base outline to regenerate the files.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds