Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Failed to read theme.yaml - directory changes always to 0600

• SOLVED Failed to read theme.yaml - directory changes always to 0600

Posted 3 years 10 months ago
    • Hi,

on www.derarianefaden.ca I have a actual joomla and actual gantry with helium. Did nothing and client onla make new articles. But yesterday suddently the site was gone with the error: Failed to read theme.yaml for /home/...

First I installed yoomla and gantry framework and helium again - but no other result.
      So I changed the rights manually on the server, but it switched back to 0600 instead of 0755 (during installation of helium)
      The Server uses PHP 7.4. I also tried 7.2. and 7.3 - no change.

So, do you have any idea what to do?

greetings
      Harry
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Failed to read theme.yaml - directory changes always to 0600

Posted 3 years 10 months ago
    • Site is offline.

Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Please post your FTP logon, password and FTP URL in the secure area of your post.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Failed to read theme.yaml - directory changes always to 0600

Posted 3 years 7 months ago
    • All at the sudden, I got the same error with a previously working website:

Failed to read theme.yaml: Creating directory failed for /home/eclips93/theme.eclipsesprl.com/cache/gantry5/g5_chimera/compiled/yaml/1ba8ccd37ccbe45c4add8bdf3120c20e.yaml.php

I read several posts about this, contacted my hoster who said it is some cache stuff (I guess the word cache probably blind them)

Nevertheless the folder : /theme.eclipsesprl.com/cache/gantry5 was in 600 rights.

I changed it to 755 than the script continued and the folder under /G5_chimera was created with 600 rights

See secured part of this post
    • Jean-Pierre d'Argent
      This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• This is nothing to do with any RT product but rather your hosting. All files should be 644 and folders 755. Clear cache and try again.

Regards, Mark
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Thanks, I already saw with them who actually gave me a script to run through cron job. But this makes no sense, filezilla changes the rights recursively. I do not have to do this with batch file type on a regular basis.

Are you totally positive that none of your script changes the folder rights?

I'm getting desperate with this
    • Jean-Pierre d'Argent
      This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Yes, positive.

Regards, Mark.

• and the the process goes on for each and every folder and file created by the scripts

i'd like to cut the chase, I'm not technically foolproof to asses it's definitely on their side. Would you have a link to some litterature, I can submit to them explaining why and where the system behaviour is not functionning properly.

I thank you forward
    • Jean-Pierre d'Argent

• All files are on 644 and folders are on 755 but ....
      • when the framework template component creates its own structure template component folders and files structure, no error shows off.
        When the template (should it hydrogen or chimera) is installed, the creation process stops at the moment a structure is created under the "\cache" folder created by gantry.

Is the word "cache" in itself will triggers some unix / apache / PHP / server / joomla process wrongly setup or bugged ?

As this happends either within a proper joomla install followed by gantry than a template OR througout a rocketlauncher process it must not be bound to joomla cache settings.

I guess the script themselves declare the folders & files rights at the moment of their creation, right?
      Or do they inherit form previously folders & file rights setup on the serevfer by the operating system?
    • Jean-Pierre d'Argent
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• There's not a lot more I can say really. Just make sure that you using cgi/fastCGI and not apache2handler - that often where permission get in a pickle. I am very confident this is just a hosting issue otherwise we'd be inudated (and we're not).

Regards, Mark.

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • Jean-Pierre d'Argent

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds