Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Particles collection

• Paolo
    • Rocketeer

SOLVED Particles collection

Posted 7 years 11 months ago
    • Hi,

is there a place where I can find all particles made by Rockettheme for all templates?

Regards
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Particles collection

• No. Gantry 5 contains the core particles and each template also contains it's own template specific particles. Not every template contains every particle and even if the particle is called the same thing it may actuially differ from one template to another.

If you want to know how to copy a Gantry 5 particle from one template to another please read my tutorial here in Gantry 5 Official Documentation here .

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Zbigniew Sokal

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Paolo
    • Rocketeer

• Hi Mark, thank you for your reply.

I use Ambrosia, and I think it would also be useful to other customers to have a place to download all the particles.

I do not think it is an impossible thing. Personally I envy the good work done by InspireTheme that created a rich markeplace where to download all the particles .

I find strange that Rockettheme doesn't do something of similar for its customers.

Is it possible suggest it to Rockettheme's team?

Thank you
    • The following users have thanked you: Stian Skaget

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You happen to have a joomla membership that allows you to download all the Joomla templates so I can see why you would say that. But, not everyone has a membership like that, some members only have a single template subscription. The particles in each template are an inherent part of the value in a template. We spend some considerable time developing templates (and their particles) each month and as you naturally would expect we would like to see a return on that investment. For that reason, there will not be a one place repository for all the particles. Also, I should add that sometimes there is more customisation required to get a particle from one template to work in another.

We very much intend to have a "particle" type marketplace in the future, it is on our development list.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Paolo
    • Rocketeer

• Sorry about this, The Rockettheme templates are well made, but it is easier to find documentation and extensions out in other channels rather than in this.

The only resource with all available particles seems to be this www.rockettheme.com/forum/gantry5-for-jo...now?start=80#1251542

According to this list the particles of Ambrosia should be:

blogcontent
      contact
      ContentList
      etherealblock
      horizontalmenu
      iconheadline
      ImageBlock
      ImageGrid
      imageoverlay
      infolist
      logo
      newsletter
      numberheadline
      promoimage
      simplecounter
      slideshow
      company
      swiper
      tabimage

The real ones instead are:

Accordion
      branding
      Contact
      Content List
      Copywrite
      Custom HTML
      At your place
      Horizzontal Menu
      Image grid
      Info List
      Joomla article
      Logo
      Menu
      Mobile menu
      Newsletter
      promo image
      Simple counter
      company
      tab Image
      to Top

Why the two lists do not match? Or I missing something?

Regards
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Because that list is wrong and out of date. Here is a screenshot from Ambrosia particles so you can see which ones are included.

Regards, Mark.
    • Paolo
    • Rocketeer

• Thanks Mark, at least this is clear.

Perhaps it would be better to eliminate outdated information because they may mislead and to do waste time ;)

Kind Regards
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I've already messaged my colleague about this.

Regards, Mark.
  • Re: SOLVED Particles collection

Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    • I hope there is a repository someday as well. You could have a download area as you have with the Rok extensions. Full members could reach it, while single template purchasers could not. That might protect the proprietary nature of your products.
      I'm not a css programmer (so this might be naive), but I hope there might be a way developed to have the particles work/display universally across all RT templates, as the Rok extension do currently.
      In any event, keep up the great work.
    • The following users have thanked you: Stian Skaget, David@IOC

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    • CaddisArt - no there is not a repository at the moment. We do intend to create this (probably more like a marketplace) in the future but right now it does not exist.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds