Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Broken site after PHP 7.3 update

• SOLVED Broken site after PHP 7.3 update

Posted 4 years 6 months ago
    • Hi,

our client's website uses the Leviathan template along with Gantry. For the update from PHP 5.6 to 7.3, we set up a test environment and then updated Joomla, Leviathan, Gantry and all RT extensions.

The current environment is:
      Joomla 3.9.11
      Leviathan 1.13
      Gantry 4.1.42
      All RT extensions are up to date

After the update to PHP 7.3, only the following error message is displayed in the frontend:
      "Error: 0 - Can not use string offset as an array".

If you switch to a standard template, the contents are displayed normally. If you switch back to Leviathan, the same error message comes back.

The backend works normally.

We ask for quick help.

Thank you very much.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Broken site after PHP 7.3 update

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Please post your FTP logon, password and FTP URL in the secure area of your post.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Broken site after PHP 7.3 update

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Broken site after PHP 7.3 update

• This is caused by a plugin called "Abivia.net Redaction Utility" - I've disabled that plugin and now it works. So contact the developer of that extensions for an updated version compatible with PHP 7.3 - I've left it disabled for now so you can see the site.

Also, your "nextend" extension seems to be causing lots of errors too (if you change error level to "maximum" in global config) - so that needs updating too.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Reggie Simmons, Zarko Petrovic

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Broken site after PHP 7.3 update

• Hello MrT,

Thank you very much for the quick completion. Maybe the Abivia.net Redaction utility plugin also caused problems, but that was not the actual cause, because after I turned it back on, the site went back to normal. It was actually on the Nextend Accordion Menu. I've renewed the license, updated it on the live website and now everything works fine.

Thank you for the great effort and the right tips. Fast, friendly and efficient, that's exactly how support should be!

Best regards,

Zarko

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds