Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED A clone mainmenu for the only offcanvas section

• Riccardo
    • Elite Rocketeer

SOLVED A clone mainmenu for the only offcanvas section

Posted 4 years 2 months ago
    • I want to have a main menu for the mobile that has different images than the ones in the layout section (default for desktop).

A need that is asked to me for my customers in various templates to improve the comprehensibility of the navigation on the small devices.

I have think to clone (create a copy with alias buttons) for the mainmenu and change on this the buttons images (by use the gantry5 menu editor).

Is this way feasible or are there better solutions?
    • Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Riccardo.
    • Riccardo Rausch
      www.frontpageserver.it
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED A clone mainmenu for the only offcanvas section

• I'd just swap the images out using custom CSS - it'll be more straightforward.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Riccardo

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Riccardo
    • Elite Rocketeer

• I try, but can't place the background-image button properly. I created a first test button, as you can see, but cannot replace the image, just overlay it. Can you help me please?

This my code (custom-mobile.scss):
      // typically max 47.938 rem
          @include breakpoint(mobile-only) {
              #g-offcanvas #g-mobilemenu-container ul > li.g-menu-item-30:not(.g-menu-item-type-particle):not(.g-menu-item-type-module):link > .g-menu-item-container, 
              #g-offcanvas #g-mobilemenu-container ul > li.g-menu-item-30:not(.g-menu-item-type-particle):not(.g-menu-item-type-module):visited > .g-menu-item-container,
              #g-offcanvas #g-mobilemenu-container ul > li.g-menu-item-30:not(.g-menu-item-type-particle):not(.g-menu-item-type-module):active > .g-menu-item-container, 
              #g-offcanvas #g-mobilemenu-container ul > li.g-menu-item-30:not(.g-menu-item-type-particle):not(.g-menu-item-type-module):hover > .g-menu-item-container {
                background-image: url('gantry-media://icon-regionen-mobile.png');
                background-repeat: no-repeat; 
              }
    • Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Riccardo.
    • Riccardo Rausch
      www.frontpageserver.it
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• ok, I did one for you. That CSS wasn't even close I'm afraid.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Riccardo

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Riccardo
    • Elite Rocketeer

• It's all OK! I thank you very much!
      You have very optimized the mobile style sheet! Now I will continue with the other buttons and their position.
    • Riccardo Rausch
      www.frontpageserver.it

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds