Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Helium - Adjust logo for smartphone view

• SOLVED Helium - Adjust logo for smartphone view

Posted 4 years 2 months ago
    • Please advise how to adjust size of logos for normal looks on smartphone.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Helium - Adjust logo for smartphone view

• I'm not sure what you mean? I just get some sort of holding page on that link?

Please do a screenshot of your problem and annotate to make it clear.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Helium - Adjust logo for smartphone view

• Please find attached screenshots
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Helium - Adjust logo for smartphone view

• To be honest I disagree with the whole way this has been set up. I presume you are trying to create a splash page and then link to the home page from there? Also, you using absolute positioning for text and SVG and this is the cause of the issues on the splash page. Then the default outline arrangement for the nvaigation and logo on internal pages is also set-up weirdly as well (here I just added "center" block variation to the two logo particles and that does improve things...

So how would I do this.

You really need two (one for each language) outlines that just contain the content required for those page. There should be two (one ofr each language) menus (with one menu item in each) set as the default language menu - each menu item could be "splash" in appropriate language. Each splash page would have the link to the appropriate language "home" menu item (in the normal language menu).

You should not be using absolute positioning for the text in your splash pages. it would be better to keep this separate on the layout so that in mobile viewport the text is arranged correctly.

Finally I would add that splash pages are very much frowned upon nowadays and very out of fashion. Search engines will penalise your ranking for having these.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Helium - Adjust logo for smartphone view

• Thanks Mark, I will redesign complete site

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds