Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED [Bug]Rocket Templates with Multi-Factor in Joomla 4.2.2

• SOLVED [Bug]Rocket Templates with Multi-Factor in Joomla 4.2.2

Posted 1 year 6 months ago
    • I've upgraded multiple websites to 4.2.2 and the new Joomla Multi-Factor does not work. Strangely, if I install a new Rocketloader, upgrade to 4.2.2, then turn on Multi-Factor it works as design. Upgrades sites are having a problem.

In console, this error is being reported.
      two-factor-focus.min.js?1c9dcb20d1c3f3b1a4ec4cde31bec609011baf34:1 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'querySelector')
          at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (two-factor-focus.min.js?1c9dcb20d1c3f3b1a4ec4cde31bec609011baf34:1:215)
      (anonymous) @ two-factor-focus.min.js?1c9dcb20d1c3f3b1a4ec4cde31bec609011baf34:1

The site seems to try and serve the MFA login page, but fails to render it, or it's some z-index problem and it's hidden, as the URL of the site is forwarded to: stage.xxxxxxxx.com/component/users/captive?Itemid=101 and you can't click on any menu link and must clear cookies to regain site navigation.

I'm having a really difficult time trying to track the source cause. Can I get some help please?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED [Bug]Rocket Templates with Multi-Factor in Joomla 4.2.2

• There are known issues with Joomla MFA (Joomla issues). Also, this will be a core Gantry 5 issue (if there is one). I suggest that you raise a GitHub issue on the Gantry 5 open source project here https://github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues .

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED [Bug]Rocket Templates with Multi-Factor in Joomla 4.2.2

• Hi Mark,

I've managed to get in touch with the author of Joomla's new Multi-Factor Authentication. He knew the exact cause of the conflict, being with Gantry 5, and said the solution should be trivial to correct for Gantry 5 developers, which will also fix many other Joomla 4 conflicts.

His comments are located in the bug report I submitted at: https://github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues/3078
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED [Bug]Rocket Templates with Multi-Factor in Joomla 4.2.2

• Ok thanks - so that confirms it's for Gantry 5 project to correct and not RT.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds