Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Cant move blocks in section grid in Layout Manager

• Chas Howell
    • Rocketeer
    • Simmer down cupcake!

Cant move blocks in section grid in Layout Manager

Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    • If I open up my Home outline and go into the layout manager, I can't move any of the grid items in the sections.

For instance, if you look at the Mainfeature section, try and move Page Content or BWS Advantage around. They won't budge. I can't put them next to each other, nor can I move them on top of each other. I can't add a blank row and move them around that way. Basically, the funtionality that I previously had to move particles around no longer functions on this outline.

What I wanted to do was to move Page Content above BWS Advantage. Before the last few updates, I was able to do that easily.

What's going on here?
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: Cant move blocks in section grid in Layout Manager

• There is an error with this file -> ../administrator/components/com_gantry5/js/main.js

So try this:

- Backup your site with a free copy of Akeeba backup
      - uninstall Gantry 5.2.0
      - download and install a FRESH copy of Gantry 5.2.1
  • Re: Cant move blocks in section grid in Layout Manager

• You don't need to uninstall 5.2.0 FYI. You can install 5.2.1 on top of it and you should get the issue resolved.
    • / Djamil Legato / Lead Developer /
    • Chas Howell
    • Rocketeer
    • Simmer down cupcake!

• I just downloaded the 5.2.1 update on top of 5.2.0 as instructed. (By the way, I can't update Gantry using Joomla's update function. I have to download the file, and install it. This has started happening after the last few updates. Just an FYI)

This update now corrects the behavior of being able to move particles around in the cell. Thanks!

Thing is... now none of my custom HTML particles are showing. :-(
    • Chas Howell
    • Rocketeer
    • Simmer down cupcake!

• Update: The iframes are showing in Chrome v46.0.2490.80 m but not in Firefox v41.0.2 running on Windows Vista SP2.
    • Chas Howell
    • Rocketeer
    • Simmer down cupcake!

• OK. Now, they started magically working.

iframes... Go figure, right?
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Chas Howell wrote:
      By the way, I can't update Gantry using Joomla's update function. I have to download the file, and install it. This has started happening after the last few updates. Just an FYI(

Do you mean that the update doesn't appear or that this doesn't work
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
    • Chas Howell
    • Rocketeer
    • Simmer down cupcake!

• A few updates ago, honestly I can't remember which one, I saw that there was an update for Gantry 5.x. This was in the System --> Control Panel near the bottom of the left-hand column of links: Extensions or Maintenance section, I think. I clicked on the link for the update to Gantry that it announced, and was taken to the Extension Manager.

In the first two cases, if memory serves me correctly, the update did not appear in the Update page; not even after clicking the Clear Cache and Find Updates button. So, I downloaded the latest version, locally, and used the Install --> Upload Package File (tab) to perform the update on top of the existing version at the time. This appeared to work.

The most recent time, going from Gantry v5.2 to v5.2.1, I did see the update in the Update page. However, when I selected the gantry update and clicked the update button it threw a few errors and did not perform the update. The topmost error was something like... an invalid update package, to the best of my memory.

So, I did the manual update process through the Extension Manager --> Install as represented by the image you attached to your reply.

I'm running 5.2.1, and it definitely fixed the issue of moving particles around in a grid. But, it is vexing that the update hasn't been functioning. The login credentials are still valid, if you want to poke around. I will be working on the site all day. So, don't panic if everything turns bright green for a moment!
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• For me running J3.4.4 with most of those updated to J3.4.5 the Gantry update will be part of a message in the Joomla Control panel, a top banner that says "x Extensions available for Update". Clicking that takes me to the update section of the Extension Manager.

BTW Gantry 5.2.2 is up ;)

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds