Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry 5 added new section access layout in section header

• Gantry 5 added new section access layout in section header

Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    • I have followed the instructions to create a new layout and have added new sections. I am wanting to set some of the sections to be fullwidth and some of them to be fullwidth boxed layout. The sections that are included in the standard templates have a layout option that lets you set the select layout, that option does not appear to be there for the new sections that I have created. How do I set specific sections to be "Fullwidth" and others to be "Fullwidth (Boxed Content)".
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Gantry 5 added new section access layout in section header

• It's the options for boxed in the yaml for section. I've asked for the docs to be updated because there are no three options:

0: Fullwidth (Boxed Content)
      2: Fullwidth (Flushed Content)
      1: Boxed

This is wher I am referring to: http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/advanced/customizing-theme-files

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Gantry 5 added new section access layout in section header

• I have followed the instructions to add the background image picker as can be seen in the first image, however I am not sure how to add the layout option as available in the default style shown in the layoutSection image. Can you please let me know what changes I need to make to have this option available and functioning.
      Thanks
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

Please post your FTP logon, password and FTP URL in the secure area of your post.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Details supplied
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Can you please backup and then install the latest CI build because that contains a fix for the missing "layout" option on sections. You will also need to clear Gantry cache after installing it to. If it still doesn't show then you may also need to load the layout again using the "load" button.

http://gantry.org/downloads#ci-builds

Let me know outcome

• No luck with that, I have tried it on a local version as I was concerned about loading onto my live site. Yes I did clear the cache and rebuild both the base outline and the homepage and reloaded the new layout via the "load" option. The layout option does not appear in the section settings when selected via the layouts tab. Is there a way to set the full-width (boxed) layout to specific sections via css or some other method?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I really need to see this myself - can you create a test site on the net and provide all the login information and ftp information for that site. I need the CI build on that test site too.

Regards, Mark.

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok so I checked your discountNew.yaml.

The structure was completely absent from that file so I added it for your first two sections (you need to do the rest). After you make changes to this file you need to reload the layout (using load button) to get the changes incorporated.

The first two sections now do have the layout option showing.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds