Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry 5 Particles - "The Matrix" - V1.09

• Dan Walker
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Designer/Developer

Re: Gantry 5 Particles - "The Matrix" - V1.09

Posted 4 years 9 months ago
    • As I said, I find the pdf increasingly hard to read and use. I have converted to Excel. See attachment.
    • The following users have thanked you: Debbie Corbin, Bigfly

• Dan Walker - Web Designer & Developer @ Top Webs Network
      Custom Joomla & Wordpress Websites
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I will provide it in excel format too at the next release then... But in the PDF format I "printed" it on A3 size paper so it's easy to zoom and move around it in a pdf reader. The point is that most people will be able to read a PDF as it's an open format whereas not everyone will have MS excel (especially MAC users).

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Dan Walker

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Dan Walker
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Designer/Developer

• In the Excel sheet, I have numbered the G5 templates in order of creation, so that you can sort by newest. I have also put a link for each template to it's RT page. May be helpful to some, is helpful for me.
    • The following users have thanked you: Debbie Corbin, Bigfly

• Dan Walker
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Designer/Developer

Re: Gantry 5 Particles - "The Matrix" - V1.10

Posted 4 years 8 months ago
    • I still would like the output of the matrix as a spreadsheet. How about a Google docs spreadsheet which is not tied to an operating system like Excel?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Posted 4 years 8 months ago
    • I did look into this but the output is actually generated from several interlinked spreadsheets and datasources and the PDF is a printed report from those. Also, idea of linking the template name to the tempalte on the RT site doesn't really work because there are three CMS versions of the template... Wordpress, Joomla, and GRAV.

Just to generate the PDF takes me a couple of hours every time we release a new template. Unfortunately I cannot spend any more time on this at the moment. When I do get some spare time I will look into it again.

In the mean time you can convert the PDF to Excel yourself as you did before.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Clili74

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • cspm
    • Hero Rocketeer

Posted 3 years 4 months ago
    • How about we create a Google Sheet and let anyone edit with a unique URL. With Google Sheets there's version history, so if it gets to the point of wrong data (which I think people have better things to do than troll a particles list), we could then move to restricted editors.

For instance, I'm going to start looking up Accordion particles in the G5 themes (there currently aren't any on the sheet), so I'd be glad to update the spreadsheet with any I find.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Sorry, no. It takes me a long time to generate all that content from programs I have on my own PC reading all the RT template files - the output goes through many stages and I'm not going to add any more.

Regards, Mark.
    • cspm
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Thanks Mark, I was actually talking to Dan, who mentioned the Google Sheet a couple of replies earlier. I did note in the other thread that you don't have the time for this anymore, thus the community doc and community edit suggestion.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I regularly update the matrix and will continue to do so. Remember it's a list of particles in all our commercial template - it's all generated via programs and is not manually edited. The whole thing get's generated from scratch every time so there is no opportunity for manual interventions or additional information being supplemented to the generated output.

Regards, Mark.
    • cspm
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Thanks Mark, I guess I misunderstood your message about not having the time to do this. This is hugely appreciated!

I noticed in the table that the Accordian particle hasn't been used in the last 18 themes. Is there something you know offhand that replaced it?

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
    • Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by cspm.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds