Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Gantry update not appearing in the Extensions:Update page

• SOLVED Gantry update not appearing in the Extensions:Update page

Posted 5 years 7 months ago
    • Hello- I'm running Rt_Requiem v1.2.1, Gantry is 5.4.17, and Joomla v3.8.12, and am getting a show-stopper error message that stops my site frontend from rendering entirely ("Crikey! There was an error..."). Neither Gantry nor Requiem show up in my Extensions: Update, but I know that both have updates available (Requiem to v1.2.4 and Gantry to v5.4.24). How can I update these extensions outside of the J! Extensions:Update page, or get them to correctly appear on that page so I can update them?

Thanks!
  • Re: SOLVED Gantry update not appearing in the Extensions:Update page

• Well, a quick update: I was able to update Gantry to the latest version by downloading the package from the Gantry.org website and then simply installing via J!'s Extensions:Install page. I'm still having trouble getting my hands on the latest version of the template update however, as my template club membership has expired. Are updates avialable only to current/active members?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Gantry update not appearing in the Extensions:Update page

• Please note that by answering your own post you take yourself out of the MODS "unanswered posts" queue and therefore might have to wait longer for a response - it's better to edit your original post so this does not happen.

Gantry updates will always show in joomla updater (just remember to clear cache and then find updates buttons).

Template updates never have and never will show in the joomla updater as they are commercial products that require you to log into our site so we can check your subscription. The latest template version is only available to those members with a current subscription that permits them to do so.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Gantry update not appearing in the Extensions:Update page

Posted 4 years 11 months ago
    • gideon.newell wrote:
      Well, a quick update: I was able to update Gantry to the latest version by downloading the package from the Gantry.org website and then simply installing via J!'s Extensions:Install page. I'm still having trouble getting my hands on the latest version of the template update however, as my template club membership has expired. Are updates avialable only to current/active members?

Just a note having the same Crikey error and website going down. Was able to restore a backup that also failed to work and manually installed the latest Gantry update to fix our problems. Thanks for the reference and information! Sorli...

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds