Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Gantry 5 Update?

• SOLVED Gantry 5 Update?

Posted 5 years 3 months ago
    • My Joomla 3.9.2 website has slowed to a crawl so I started looking for possible problems. I am using the Xenon template. I noticed a update was available for Gantry 5 but there was actually no updates. I dug deeper and under Extension/Manage found that I was using Gantry 5 ver 5.4.8. I went to the Gantry.org to download a current version and to my suprise the current version was 5.4.27. What is going on?

Don't know if this could be related to the Joomla backend error message I see but thought I would provide it as well.

The security token did not match. The request was aborted to prevent any security breach. Please try again.

Any help would be appreciated
      Russ
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Gantry 5 Update?

• Did you purge cache if joomla updates and cluck on find updates?

Please post url, superuser ID and password in the secure tab of your reply and I will look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Gantry 5 Update?

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Login details do not work - please check.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to RustyRoy, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Login details still do not work - please check again and test yourself first.

Regards, Mark.

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to RustyRoy, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I've updated Gantry 5 to latest version for you. Your Xenon template is way out of date on v1.2.0 so you should backup and update that to the current version v1.3.5. You do this by downloading the "standalone" template package from our site and installing it in extensions manager (DO NOT uninstall first).

Your site is painfully slow to use (either frontend or backend). The server takes forever to respond to the simplest of requests in the backend - I believe that you should ask your hosting company for assistance as this is a server issue. Even basic Joomla functionality takes forever to respond in the backend so this issue is nothing related to RT products.

I do note that you have Gantry 4 installed also and that you are still using the Maelstrom Gantry 4 template for some menu items. I also note that you have other Gantry 5 templates installed too. I recommend that you remove Gantry 4, Maelstrom and Supra template if you can.

I note that your "invoices" plugin is out of date and that enable "global configuration > error level > maximum" reveals an error message coming from this plugin:
      "Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; plgSystemInvoices has a deprecated constructor in xxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/plugins/system/invoices/invoices.php on line 12"
      , so I suspect that you need to update that plugin to get rid of that error message. This could also be a reason for the slowness of your site.

I further note that you are apparently using Cloudflare on your server and this frequently "timesout" - I would disable cloudflare on your server unless you are a multinational needing to serve pages from local country based servers. Cloudfalre can often break things unless configured correctly. If you do disable it remember to clear it's cache too.

Regards, Mark.

Posted 5 years 2 months ago
    • Thanks Mark

The feedback you provided has be terrific. I would never have figured this stuff out on my own. I have downloaded the current template for my website.

Regards
      Russ

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds