Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Gantry 5 as 'Page Builder'?

• SOLVED Gantry 5 as 'Page Builder'?

Posted 4 years 10 months ago
    • About to start building another website, about ships.
      Website is going to have hundreds of joomla articles, 1 unique article per ship.

Would it be feasable to create a seperate outline (copy of Base ouline) per ship, and assign this outline to 1 page, so I can have unique content in 'Sidebar', 'Main' and 'Aside' areas for every page.

So this would mean having several hundred seperate outlines, all assigned to one page only.

Or would it be easier/recommended to invest in a 3rd party page builder component?

Thanks

Pim
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Gantry 5 as 'Page Builder'?

• There's no need to create hundreds of outlines to do that. There are better methods. You cannot have multiple outlines assigned to one menu item, only one.

1. If the "sidebar" content is truly unique to the article then it would make more sense to put the "sidebar" content actually in the article instead.
      2. Alternately, you can use just module position particles on the layout of your outline and assign joomla modules to the "sidebar" positions and also make sure they are assigned only to the menu items that you wish them to show on.
      3. If you really do want to have one outline per page (menu item) then you can do that and share common content through Gantry 5 "inheritance" - this will give you the "page builder" that you seek but I would suggest managing that many outlines will become unweildly and I don't believe it's the correct approach in this case.
      4. There is no need to use a third-party page build in my opinion.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Gantry 5 as 'Page Builder'?

• MrT,

Thanks for your reply, to which I mostly agree.

I would actually prefer to put the content in the article rather then a sidebar, but the template I am using (Zenith) has so much wasted space on the sides that I don't seem to be able to get rid of:

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

I checked with many more recent templates but they all seem to do the same, I am trying to get my joomla article content to go considerably wider, or even screen wide, but I am not able, that's why I am looking into alternative solutions.

I must be missing something :-(

Pim
    • Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by thepimster.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Thanks Mark,

Creds are in secure tab.
      this is the link to the article in the picture.

Thanks

Pim
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• The mainbar section on the layout of your "Zenith - destroyers" outline had a variation of "section horizontal paddings" on it, so I simply removed that and now it works fine.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: thepimster

• Wow, thanks a lot Mark!
      As usual quick response, as well as the right response!
      Sorry I even brought up a third party solution, after all, there is a reason why I have been with Rockettheme for 10 years.
      Excellent support!

Thanks

Pim

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds