Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Stripping Hydrogen

• SOLVED Stripping Hydrogen

Posted 4 years 8 months ago
    • Hi there,

Ive had a look about but couldnt find anything directly relevant.

What Im trying to do is strip all of the css that comes with Hydrogen and then using an NPM loaded version of Bootstrap 4, design a new template from the ground up based on the HTML structures and layouts of Hydrogen and obviously all of the convenience .

I could obviously just hack in and remove anything to do with scss and css from the template but I was wondering if there was a more graceful way to get in front of the loading of the css and somehow stop it being called in the first place.

Any thoughts or hints greatfully appreciated..
    • Do'er of stuff
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Stripping Hydrogen

Posted 4 years 8 months ago
    • So you are trying to preempt the release of joomla 4 and our gantry 5 that would be compatible with it?

If you really want to do that then delete the scss directory in the template and gantry5 nucleus... of course after doing that absolutely nothing will work any longer. Then you will have to override all gantry 5 to change all the html to use bootstrap 4 classes and also the template. I hope you have a large development team because all that is going to take you a very long time.

Good luck!

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Stripping Hydrogen

Posted 3 years 9 months ago
    • No Im trying to take things apart to understand them better.
    • Do'er of stuff

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds