Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

URL Rewriting not working from Particle to article

• URL Rewriting not working from Particle to article

Posted 2 years 2 months ago
    • Hi!

I have strange behaviour on my site after migration from J3.10 to J4.

When I link from the menu to "Articles" > "Category blog" or "Articles" > "Category list" my links to the article is:
      fakedomain.com/blog/73-article-name.html

The same article has different link from Particle "Joomla articles" or "Case studies" on my home page:
      fakedomain.com/?view=article&id=73:article-name&catid=23:blog

The same "broken" (not SEO friendly) links I have in my sitemap.

My default theme is Denali (outline "Home", section "Extension") but when I switch to Horizon problem is the same.

PS Real URL and login/pass. i wrote in the Secure tab.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: URL Rewriting not working from Particle to article

• url rewriting and routing are nothing to do with any RT products - it is Joomla that controls this. I have previously raised an issue about this and our DEVS investigated and concluded that the issue is with Joomla 4 https://github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues/2938 .

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: URL Rewriting not working from Particle to article

• I had a feeling but preferred to ask.

I am surprised that the same settings work correctly on another website.

It remains for me to move the content to a new, clean Joomla or create manually post previews with correct links for the home page.

I don't like both options :)

Thanks for the answer!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You could try the article integration option that joomla provides to see if it helps (see screenshot). Also, sometimes "hidden" menu items can help too.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Switching this option does not fix the problem.
      I checked the second page and the options are the same.

For now, I have rewritten one post to link something and in my free time, I will transfer the content.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I wrote that code and checked on my own site so I know it works. Happy to look for you if you like but I can't access your admin as I get "Strona zostala zablokowana".

Regards, Mark.

• I assumed we wouldn't do anything about it and blocked access to the admin area.

I unlocked it now.
      Please take a peek whenever you have a moment.
    • Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Rafal Nagorski.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Sorry I got confused with your other post where I gave you code... There's nothing I can do about this one. Ask Joomla.org on their forum casseopia (their template) behaves the same way too.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds