Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Gantry-5 Module Position

• SOLVED Gantry-5 Module Position

Posted 1 year 9 months ago
    • I am retrospectively trying to apply the Gantry-5 Horizon template to a legacy 120 page Joomla 3.10 site. I am new to Gantry-5 but have understood that I should be able to employ legacy and other add-on modules to the template via the Module Instance and Module Position particles on the layout.
      Module instance I have no problem with, it just works. Module Position I cannot make work either with my legacy modules or a Gantry-5 module. This is I think a deal breaker because of the way the legacy site is built.
      Is anyone else having issues with Module Position?
      Any assistance given greatly appreciated.

My development setup is an XAMPP version 7.4.27 on a W10PC.
      + Apache 2.4.52
      + MariaDB 10.4.22
      + PHP 7.4.27 (VC15 X86 64bit thread safe) + PEAR
      + phpMyAdmin 5.1.1
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Gantry-5 Module Position

Posted 1 year 9 months ago
    • There are no known issues with Module positions - did you go into the module position settings and give the position a "key" (module position name)? Are you sure that you created the module position on the correct outline? Are you sure that the module assigned to the position is also assigned to the menu item that you are using to render the page?

Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you. Give me position name, module ID and page url that you expect it to appear.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Gantry-5 Module Position

Posted 1 year 8 months ago
    • Thanks for your reply. It was as you thought miss-management of the template assignments. There wasa quite a lot I did not understand.
      Problem now gone. Thanks

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds