Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Display Articles Title In <h1> Tag

• kriru
    • Hero Rocketeer

Display Articles Title In <h1> Tag

Posted 7 years 11 months ago
    • Hi

Step:-1 The title should be display in <h2> Tag for all articles correct? check – screencast.com/t/fJihUrboTbC

Step:-2 My Requirement are title tag should be display in <h1> Tag for all articles.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Display Articles Title In <h1> Tag

• 1. Yes it should be H2 tag because you should not have more than one H1 tag on a page. The H1 tag is associated with the "page title" field on the menu item for this reason (because there can only be one).

2. Why do you want to change this? If it's just for styling reasons then you should do this with custom CSS. If it's for SEO reasons then it's the wrong thing to be doing as you should only have one H1 tag on the page.

3. If you really want to do it then you will need to create/amend a joomla article html override.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • kriru
    • Hero Rocketeer

• 1) I do not display the page title in my joomla setup
      2)Hence, I have “no” H1 altogether in my page
      3) For Seo reason I want the H2 title to show as H1
      4) Please tell me how to accomplish this
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Again I counsel against doing this.

1. it's the wrong thing to do because you should not have more than one H1 tag on a page
      2. It's a nightmare to maintain html overrides as every time we update Gantry or template or Joomla update joomla you will have to check your overrides to see if they need updating too.

An alternate way of doing what you want is to turn off the title altogether on the articles and instead add your own H1 tag at the top of your articles.

If you really want to create html overrides then you will need to copy the appropriate type (article, blog, category, etc, etc) from:
      /components/com_content/views/......

to:
      /templates/TEMPLATENAME/html/joomla/3.4/com_content/.........

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 7 years 11 months ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • kriru
    • Hero Rocketeer

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

Please post your FTP logon, password and FTP URL in the secure area of your post.

I presume that you edited com_content/article/default.php?

Regards, Mark.
    • kriru
    • Hero Rocketeer

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok, my fault I told you the wrong location to copy from. You need to copy from gantry (not joomla).

/plugins/system/gantry/overrides/3.3/2.5/com_content (only copy over the folder you are actually overriding).

I removed the content you already copied as it was completely wrong.

Regards, Mark.
    • kriru
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Hi

Step:-1 I have Copy for this locations public_html/components/com_content/… check - screencast.com/t/QZ0Mou6644Ty

Step:-2 I have paste for this locations public_html/plugins/system/gantry/overrides/3.3/2.5 check - screencast.com/t/Oa7h5TpIDBSj (Folder was overriding)

Step:-3 But No Display for articles title in <h1> Tag check - screencast.com/t/MreyZ0JdZej

Please help me.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• That is not what I said to do? Reverse out what you just did.

copy from /plugins/system/gantry/overrides/3.3/2.5/com_content (only copy the folders within that you wish to create overrides for)

to /templates/rt_acacia/html/joomla/3.3/com_content/

I still think this is the wrong thing to be doing, it's not right for SEO and it's going to be a nightmare to maintain.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds