Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Rocket Sproket in Joomla 4.x

• najatuk
    • Rocketeer

SOLVED Rocket Sproket in Joomla 4.x

Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    • Just wondering if you plan to continue support for rocketsprocket into the Joomla 4.x series?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Rocket Sproket in Joomla 4.x

• No decision has yet been made - we will make an announcement when we decide.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: najatuk

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Rocket Sproket in Joomla 4.x

• RokSprocket for Joomal 4 would be great since there is no particle which can pull K2 articles f.e.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• No doubt, but as I said no decision has been made and it's likely substantial changes would be required.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • najatuk
    • Rocketeer

• From my perspective, I love the Gantry framework, despite the fact that there is a learning curve to learn the framework on top of the CMS. For me, most any feature I would want from K2 can now be performed within Joomla or even within Gantry, that wasn't always the case. The issue is more general for me in that I can work with certain templates with a little modification, and also with certain particles, but those particles aren't always packaged with the templates I want to use, and so then you have to hard code the particles and manually update them which means always holding a current subscription or at least buying templates for the particles and hosting them so that you can know when there are updates. Rocketsproket is kind of like the swiss jacknife that keeps everything working together (I guess the name sproket says the same thing). I know we will still have two more years of support on Joomla 3.9, but I just hate designing things that I already know are dead. I am sure it is way to early to know what you would need to do to continue with Rocketsprocket into 4.x, maybe it even should be retired because it is calling extra scripts and the work could be done more cleanly within the Gantry Framework, but if that is the case, then maybe you should consider introducing a 'particle club' in the place of the extensions club and figure a way to update particles that aren't part of a template within the framework and Joomla.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Thanks for your views but I can't add any more than I've already stated.

Regards, Mark.
    • Patrick Toulze
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Marketing - Web Designer

Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    • Forever, I Use Rocksprocket in all my sites to perform many important functions, and, so far, none of the Joomla extension out there can be as flexible and straightfoward to create : Categories Portfolios & presentation - Blog articles presentation slider - Partners sliders and more.

If you have particles that can be as flexible and/or be able to create that type of content, no problems. If not, you will loose a good incentive to use Rockettheme template in the first place.
    • Graphic Designer - Marketing -Web Sites — Trying to become a decent human being.
      www.grafcomm.ca
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Roksprocket can be used in Gantry 5. We haven't made any decision regarding J4 for roksprocket because we've little idea what J4 will be yet and it will be subject to a lot of change over the coming months anyway. When we have more information we will share it.

I think that writing a new particle to replicate everything that roksprocket does might be a little too ambitious.

Regards, Mark.
    • najatuk
    • Rocketeer

• Yep, you said it Patrick. I need the Mosaic to Function with Tags. Masonry doesn't cut it. See my other post about a workaround to use Gantry with the new router. Essentailly you need to create links in the main menu to every gantry item that you create that doesn't have a link in the main menu and then you can make it not visible in the main menu in another tab. So you can use it with the new router. Can you use it with bootstrap 4? Not sure, I intend to test it on the alfa. Have my doubts. Maybe the question isn't how to get rocket sproket to work in 4 but how to get some of the robust features it has work in particles in Gantry. I appreciate that trying to replicate the exact same extention on a new platform might not be the right solution.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds