Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Header and Footer missing on Joomla 3.5.1 update

• SOLVED Header and Footer missing on Joomla 3.5.1 update

Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    • I am updating my site from joomla 3.7.5 to 3.8.5. When I do the update I lose my header and footer but the rest of my site works fine. Are there any solutions to this? I have restored it from backup so it is back on 3.7.5 at the moment. I have added the site in the secure tab
    • Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Austin Cushing.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Header and Footer missing on Joomla 3.5.1 update

• Yes, update the template to the latest v1.7 first.

Also you seem to be using J3.7.5 so update that to J3.8.2 as well.

backup before updating anything.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Header and Footer missing on Joomla 3.5.1 update

• I updated the template to 1.7 and then updated joomla, but it still having the same effect. It is also occuring on my other site. Link is in secure tab
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

If you have and "old" and "updated" site that I can compare that would be good too. I would need login details for both.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    • This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Sorry but I don't understand what you think is missing? The header is present and like the other site you mentioned too?

Please do a screenshot of your problem and annotate to make it clear.

Try clearing your browser cache.

Regards, Mark.

• Sorry I restored the site from a backup which put the header and footer back, But whenever I try to update joomla on that site it takes the header and footer away. I updated joomla on the other site I mentioned and it worked perfectly
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I need to see it in it's broken state, and ideally be able to compare a "before update" site with and "after update" site (of the same site.

Regards, Mark.

• No problem I'll update again show you'd be able too
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok just reply again when I can look.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds