Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Video didnt appear on FP module

• Video didnt appear on FP module

Posted 5 years 7 months ago
    • Refering to Mr.T (#1388330) and Ryan M Pierson (#1388354) i have pasted the youtube embed code to the custom module 'FP Top C'. After refreshing a few times, the video not appearing at the module position. FYI i'm using iridescent template with Joomla! 3.8.1

My website: www.voss.com.my
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Video didnt appear on FP module

• Please post url, superuser ID and password in the secure tab of your reply and I will look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Video didnt appear on FP module

• Thanks so much MrT !
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• When I checked the module that you mentioned it had no youtube embed code at all - in fact the module was completely devoid of any content. As youtube embed uses iframe tags I suspected it might be because your tinymce editor was removing that code (so check it's settings). So, I changed to rokpad editor and inserted a test youtube embed (just to prove it works) and indeed that now works fine (see screenshot). I appreciate you won't want that test youtube showing on your site so I disabled it for now, just reenable and you can see for yourself that it works fine.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Thanks Mr.T it works beautifully. I paste the ambed code and the video came out instantly.

As you can see the video size is width = 560 and height = 315. I try to increase the width but didn’t work only the height of the video can be increase.

Can you help me with

(a) To make the video window having the same width the ‘FP Top c’ module (the green box)

(b) After (a) was done, there is still green color background on top and bottom of the video. How to reduce the height of ‘FP Top C’ module and ‘FP Top A’ module to the height of the video?

thanks
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• see http://embedresponsively.com/ .

Regards, Mark.

• I'm using the embed generated by the site. the youtube frame look cleaner. Thanks

i try to make the video with to be the same width with 'FP Top C' module (which i think 400px using the inspector. Please refer to the image attached) i found the line where to make changes but lost it.

even i found the line using the inspector, i dont know how to apply to the website. Coz all the changes i did in inspector only for viewing only. Didnt applied to the website.

bottom line, i can find where to change using the inspector but dont know how to go from there
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Why don't you use what I suggested? It's still a youtube embed link it just put all the necessary code around it to make it behave responsively. But if you want to write CSS yourself then that goes in a custom CSS file.

To create a custom CSS compatible with Gantry 5 please read this http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/adding-a-custom-style-sheet .

Remember to recompile CSS from base outline too.

Regards, Mark.

• <style>.embed-container { position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.25%; height: 0; overflow: hidden; max-width: 100%; } .embed-container iframe, .embed-container object, .embed-container embed { position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; width: 120%; height: 100%; }</style><div class='embed-container'><iframe src='https://www.youtube.com/embed/fHQC8r7iyIk' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

this is the embed code that i get. i didnt know what to add to make the width of the youtube video same as the module width
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• If you use that code that's exactly what it will do.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds