Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Joomla 4.0 question for templates

• SOLVED Joomla 4.0 question for templates

Posted 2 years 7 months ago
    • Hello.
      I have read some of the general post dated a year or so ago regarding the Joomla 4.0 upgrade. I have a few questions to ensure understanding for the Rocketheme templates I have purchased and the post I read if you can please answer.

1. Will the 3.10 update still support the existing templates as of Aug 2021 with gantry 5? I have updated to 3.10 and want to make sure this will not effect the sites. They appear to look fine as of now.

2. Will I have to reinstall and start over with an updated template if I update to Joomla 4.0?
      Specificlaly for the templates Vesala and Audacity Instellar. and as of now they are supported with 3.10 right?

Thank you.
      Cr
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Joomla 4.0 question for templates

Posted 2 years 7 months ago
    • 1. Yes, J3.10 is fine for all existing templates on both Gantry 5 and Gantry 4.

2. No. Do not update to Joomla 4 yet as Gantry 5 and it's templates have not yet been updated to be compatible. We're actively working on this - first you will see Gantry 5.5 released and then this will be followed by an update for every single Gantry 5 template (so this will take some time). Gantry 4 (and it's templates) will NOT be updated to be compatible with Joomla 4. So, returning to your question, once Gantry 5.5 and the Gantry 5 template that you are using have been released all you will need to do is to update them first on J3.10.x and from there you will then be able to update to Joomla 4. Of course you will also need to check that any third-party extensions that you are using are also compatible with Joomla 4.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Joomla 4.0 question for templates

Posted 2 years 6 months ago
    • Thank you for response. I have just a few more questions on this topic
      I am noticing the prechek when clicking on Joomla update to 3.10.1 and am getting the following info below

Pre-Update Check for Joomla 3.10.1

Update Information Unavailable
      Extension does not offer a compatible version for the selected target version of Joomla. This could mean the extension does not use the Joomla update system or the developer has not provided compatibility information for this Joomla version yet.
      Extension Name Extension Type
      Versla Template
      RokPad Plugin
      System - RokBooster Plugin
      RokAjaxSearch Module

I read the latest post that G5 is compatible and am aware of the templates being updated in future but want to be clarify a few more things if you can answer below qu.
      For Joomla 3.10.1

1. Should I disregard the above message I listed for precheck message, and update to 3.10.1 since the latest post re 4.0 in forum, says the current files are compatible for 3.10

2. Once the templates are updated for Joomla 4.0 with along with gantry 5.5 .Do I have to reinstall the latest template designed for 4.0 or .and can I install this if needed over the existing site that is currently installed to avoid starting from scratch on site? or..
      .Do I have to start from scratch with new template?

3.Do you anticiapte the updates to be done before the end of 2 year per. that the older sytstem is supported?

Thank you.
      Cr.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• 1. yes

2. You just update the template to the latest version after you have installed G5.5 - it's just an update no need to start from scratch. Do not use G5.5 until the official release is announced though - it's only in test at the moment and showld not be used on production sites as it still has bugs that need addressing.

3. Yes.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Thank you for response. Just to make sure I am doing proper steps if you will confirm below.

1. Gantry qu.
      When Gantry 5.5 is announced official release in forum and I see the update option in template ok to update, I don't need to install gantry 5.5 only update it to 5.5 correct since I am using Gantry already.

2.Template qu.
      Once Gantry is updated, For the update to the template once available, will there be an update option feature in existing template.. or do I install the new template on its own not with gantry and other files?, and it will overdide the older files but the site will still function as normal?

Thank you again.
      cr
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• 1. When Gantry 5.5 becomes available it will appear in joomla updater - just like any other update to gantry ever has - then you just do the update.

2. When any template is updated then it's always listed on our products updates page http://www.rockettheme.com/product-updates - then you just download the "standalone" package and install it in extensions manager (DO NOT uninstall your existing version). If you want to be automatically be told when a template update is available you can install my rokcheck extensions (available on the extensions page under the utilities tile).

Regards, Mark.

• I noticed another joomla upate for 3.10 . 12 but I did not have chance to update ot 3.10.11 my question is: is it ok to jump to the latest update 3.10.12 from 3.10 without the .11 update with templates? Thank you Cr
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• These questions are really for Joomla rather than RT - but you can always update from any version of joomla to any other version of joomla (but do not use joomla 4 yet until we have released Gantry 5.5 and revised the template to work with G5.5).

Regards, Mark.

Posted 2 years 2 months ago
    • been a while since I looked at templates is the below the latest updated template for the roleout of joomla 4.0 and gantry 5
      or are there still updates to template
      Audacity RocketLauncher (Gantry 5) even though template says gantry 5 is it ok to update to 5.5 with the template available?

Would you happen to know when Insteller template will have 4x updates.
      tk you
    • Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by cindy rodriguez.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Posted 2 years 2 months ago
    • Audacity 2.5.0 works with Joomla 4 and Gantry 5.5.7 - if you were previously using Audacity for Gantry 4 then you cannot just upgrade - you have to effectively redevelop your site for Gantry 5.

Interstellar 1.5.0 works with Joomla 4 and Gantry 5.5.7

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds