Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Chimera site displays errors when updating to php 7.4

• SOLVED Chimera site displays errors when updating to php 7.4

Posted 2 years 2 months ago
    • When updating from php 7.3 to php 7.4, one of my sites running Chimera displays the following errors:

Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /.../plugins/system/gantry/functions.php on line 44

Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /.../plugins/system/gantry/functions.php on line 45

Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /.../plugins/system/gantry/functions.php on line 41

This is the text of lines 41-45 of functions.php:

for ($path = trim($path), $slash = strstr(PHP_OS, 'WIN') ? '\/' : '/', $retArray = array(), $str = $temp = "", $x = 0; $char = @$path{$x}; $x++) {
      if (!strstr($slash, $char)) $temp .= $char; elseif ($temp) {
      $str .= $temp;
      $retArray[$temp] = $str . ($endSlash ? $slash{0} : '');
      $str .= $slash{0};
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Chimera site displays errors when updating to php 7.4

• It sounds like you have not update Gantry and the template to latest versions.

If you are using Gantry 4 then you must stick with that and the g4 version of Chimera (don't update to Gantry 5 and don't use G5 version of Chimera).

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Chimera site displays errors when updating to php 7.4

• I updated to Gantry 5 quite some time ago. I updated Joomla and extensions prior to changing php on my host.
      Joomla 3.10.5
      Chimera (v2.0.2 / g5_chimera)
    • Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by knyghtlyarmes.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok, and you don't have the old Gantry 4 or any g4 templates still installed? I say this because that error is usually out of date software.

btw - Your subscription appears to have expired. Support does require a current subscription.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Thanks for the responses. I was not aware I had to un-install Gantry 4 after I updated to 5.

I have purchased a number of templates over the years. The last couple said the price included lifetime updates and support for the template. Am I posting in the wrong place?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You must have purchased those on a different account since this account only shows a joomla template club subscription that expired in 2013.

So, please use the account on which you purchased the lifetime subscriptions.

You don’t have to uninstall g4 and it’s template if you update them to latest versions- but the error message tells me that you have not done so.

Regards, Mark.

• MrT,
      You'll be happy to know I found the account with the Chimera purchase. I assure you I am running the latest version of Gantry 5, Chimera and Joomla 3. I also found the error: for some reason one of the Gantry 4 plugins was still active. I disabled it and the errors disappeared. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds