Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Upgrade from J3 to J4 Error SQL Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY'

• radek
    • Elite Rocketeer

SOLVED Upgrade from J3 to J4 Error SQL Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY'

Posted 1 year 9 months ago
    • Hi,

I would like to ask you. Sorry for my ENG. I need to upgrade joomla from 3.10.10 to 4.1.5. I did it maybe 20 times and I still cannot do it properly. I tried manyadvices from internet but I still cannot do it properly.

When I upgrade it I can find this error: Error SQL Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY'. No advice from internet did not help me. So I tried to uninstall all 3rd party extensions and I launched upgrade again but the result is still the same.

I use old Isotope template but I install there free Gantry template before upgrade and I did it as default. It works in J3 but after upgrade is still the same problem there.

Please could you help me?

PHP 8.0.20, MySQL probably 10.2.40
    • Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by radek.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Upgrade from J3 to J4 Error SQL Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY'

• Your subscription appears to have expired. Support does require a current subscription.

You will require the latest version of Gantry 5 and the Isotope template installed to work with PHP 8 before you then move to J4. Also, you must uninstall any rt extension (those that begin "rok"). Also, any third-party extensions must be on latest version too. You cannot have any template installed that is not on latest version (even if the one you are actually using is).

Once you are on latest version of everything on J3 then do extensions manager > database > fix before you move to J4.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • radek
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED Upgrade from J3 to J4 Error SQL Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY'

• Thank you very much Mark. Yes I did not extend my subscription because I do not need it for now. I didn't know there was no support for the free template. I want to use Hydrogen template on Joomla 4.

I cannot uninstall RokQuickCart
    • Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by radek.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I would not use Hydrogen (it's very old now) better to use Helium if you want a free template. Either way, all the other things I said still apply - you cannot leave Isotope installed even if you are not using it.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • radek
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Thank you. I will change it for Helium. I uninstall Isotope now:)

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds