Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Random Category Blog repeats articles in pagination

• SOLVED Random Category Blog repeats articles in pagination

Posted 1 year 2 months ago
    • I wonder if anyone has a solution for this?
      I have a Random Category Blog layout with pagination using Helium template. The trouble is that when I go to the 2nd page in pagination it repeats some of the pages from page 1, as if it re-randomizes the selection. The result is that some of the pages then do not get shown.
      You can see what I mean here: brand.grouplands.com/logo-design

Any ideas?

Thank you!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Random Category Blog repeats articles in pagination

• 1. Your subscription appears to have expired. Support does require a current subscription.

2. That’s just standard Joomla functionality so please ask about this on joomla.org forum - it’s nothing to do with any RT products.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Random Category Blog repeats articles in pagination

• Thanks Mark
      I did that before asking here. They say it's the template:
      "Hi. This is not a standard blog layout from Joomla. Your template developer overrided the blog layout. I think his idea was that on each page there was an even number of items to fill the entire grid. Therefore, some items are repeated on the next page. You should contact the template developer."

forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=811&t=9...9&p=3682820#p3682820
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Random Category Blog repeats articles in pagination

• Helium does not contain any HTML override for blog layouts in Joomla. If you have one then you must have created it so just delete it - Gantry Helium does not provide such an override.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Random Category Blog repeats articles in pagination

• Thank you Mark!
      I appreciate your help on this!

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds