Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SBE36.ORG Uses JW_Tribute

SBE36.ORG Uses JW_Tribute

Posted 18 years 3 months ago
    • Our http://sbe36.org home site for the Society of Broadcast Engineers, San Diego Chapter, uses the JW_Tribute template. I modified the CSS to allow caps on the news headlines, and modified the Banners component somewhat to add my own text line. I use the very minimalist Letterman newsletter component after having a few problems with alternates. And I'm using ExtCalendar, but the data is redundant with events news items, so I may switch to a system of showing events as a news headlines list in the menu column. Also haven't figured out yet how to randomize the top banner photo, which I currently rotate about once a month.
    • Tom Rowe
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Re: SBE36.ORG Uses JW_Tribute

• Gary Stigall wrote:
      Our http://sbe36.org home site for the Society of Broadcast Engineers, San Diego Chapter, uses the JW_Tribute template. I modified the CSS to allow caps on the news headlines, and modified the Banners component somewhat to add my own text line. I use the very minimalist Letterman newsletter component after having a few problems with alternates. And I'm using ExtCalendar, but the data is redundant with events news items, so I may switch to a system of showing events as a news headlines list in the menu column. Also haven't figured out yet how to randomize the top banner photo, which I currently rotate about once a month.

You need to check your padding on the left column. Checked it with IE and MOZ.

Tom Rowe
    • Stew Thompson
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • School Teacher

• Padding is slighty off but not the end of the world. :) You look like you have some good quality and unique content which some people dont realize how hard that can be ;D I would also get the search engine friendly URL's working IMO.

Good job and good luck with the site.

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds