Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

bubblicious & one more thing

• zerolight
    • Jr. Rocketeer

bubblicious & one more thing

Posted 18 years 1 month ago
    • I'm running my site on bubblicious and my wife's site on onemorething. You'll notice that my wifes site is a tad empty. I accidentally deleted her MySQL database yesterday afternoon and had to rebuild the site (without a backup... don't ask... darn host). Both are really just mildly tweaked versions of the original excellent templates. Mostly widened to cope with Gallery G2 integration. I love the look of my site. Thanks for the templates.
    • Last Edit: 18 years 1 month ago by zerolight.
    • Nathan
    • Hero Rocketeer

Re: bubblicious & one more thing

• Looking good. You are a brave man deleting your wife's database!

Love the use of the galery. What did you use? Have any problems with it? I'm looking at getting a gallery set up but can't seem to find an easy way to do it.
    • Stew Thompson
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • School Teacher

• zerolight
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• remus wrote:
      Looking good. You are a brave man deleting your wife's database!

Love the use of the galery. What did you use? Have any problems with it? I'm looking at getting a gallery set up but can't seem to find an easy way to do it.

Thanks guys.

I use Menalto Gallery G2.

gallery.menalto.com/

and to integrate into Joomla/Mambo I use the G2 bridge which is really easy to install...

opensource.4theweb.nl/

... which comes with the G2 Bridge component, and a few modules, such as the random image module I use.

Theme-wise I use the Gallery 2 theme called siriux which lets you modify the sizes of the images, thumbnails, and so on and the width of the gallery, so you can tailor it to fit into your Joomla install. I installed a Gallery plugin called square thumbnails (or something like that) too.

You can install and configure Gallery 2 and integrate it into Joomla in minutes. It's dead easy.

Also, if you use a windows app called Gallery Remote (from the same place as the Gallery software itself) you can batch upload/resize pictures to your gallery installation rather than doing it through the web.

It's all free too. :)
    • Nathan
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Cool thank you :)

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds