Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

OK, I'm a NOOB - so this is my first try with this php stuff.

• Will

OK, I'm a NOOB - so this is my first try with this php stuff.

Posted 18 years 2 months ago
    • I've been doing html sites for years. I put up a site through bluehost.com and used Fantastico to install Joomla, which I knew nothing about. I spent the better part of the day today building this site. I'm sure it is very basic and you experts could do so much better.

I am having a couple of issues:

The Purchase page is goofed up. I use PayPal to set up the purchase items but cannot figure out how to put the code in to make the buttons click to purchase, so, I put up a "wrapper" page to include a page from the web site where the buttons do work. Click on one of the PayPal buttons and see what happens.

If you go to the page, you may see the "Open Source Matters" banner. Sometimes you will see a Flash banner I created and thought I had incorporated into the site. Why it alternates back and forth between these is beyond me.

The FAQs page is goofed up. I can't figure out how to set that up so that folks who visit can submit a question, have it appear with my response.

Anyway, hope you can take a look at my site and give me some feedback. I did the graphics so I got that going for me.

http://lawyertrustaccount.com/

Thanks,

Will
    • damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: OK, I'm a NOOB - so this is my first try with this php stuff.

Posted 18 years 2 months ago
    • hello will

to answer your issues first:

with paypal code you just have to copy it in without using an editor. go to site > user manager > YOUR USER ACCOUNT. then select NO WYSIWYG editor. then go back to the page or module you want to copy the form code into and it will work fine - joomla editors, although thtey do the job of editing they're not very good at handling code - when done you can go switch back on the editor if you prefer that

re. the banner. it is a component that revolved all the banners you have published. go to components > banners > manage banners and unpublish what you dont want showing

re. faq's - it scurrently empty so i'm not seeing aything ...

you should also look at your site in firefox - there are a few issues with the banner ...

nice start though. welcome to joomla ...
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds