Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

My church site (based on Blogtopia)

• Cubfan
    • Sr. Rocketeer

My church site (based on Blogtopia)

Posted 18 years 2 months ago
    • We did a custom design on the portal, but the inside is a modified version of Blogtopia (with a random header-changer, a wider design, among other changes). I'm pleased that it doesn't look like a CMS at all.

http://www.wesley-umc.com

Anyway, the church really loves the site!
    • Stew Thompson
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • School Teacher

Re: My church site (based on Blogtopia)

• Bryan Siverly wrote:
      We did a custom design on the portal, but the inside is a modified version of Blogtopia (with a random header-changer, a wider design, among other changes). I'm pleased that it doesn't look like a CMS at all.

http://www.wesley-umc.com

Anyway, the church really loves the site!

GREAT JOB! Very nice intro page. I'm am sure the curch really loves the site. Keep up the great work.
    • www.bentonhighschool.com/
    • Cubfan
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Stewart Thompson wrote:
      GREAT JOB!  Very nice intro page.

That intro page we're pretty proud of. It has a random image that changes with each visit and part of the church picture that overlaps (which was difficult to pull off). There are 4 different stained glass windows for the page, and they change with the season... showing is the "winter" window. The stained glass represents the Tree of Life in each season of the year.
  • Re: My church site (based on Blogtopia)

• A truly inspiring website. :)

Great Work.
    • Signature
  • Re: My church site (based on Blogtopia)

• Very well done! Our church is redoing their portal site--somebody else is heading it up, so it will be based on .Net-NUKE :( My hope is that is looks somewhere near as good as your redesign.

Please take this as a compliment, I would not pick a nit like this if I wasn't VERY impressed with what you did. On your main index (home) page, the Wesley logo in the upper left should be done as a GIF instead of a JPG. You're getting too much compression and fuzziness. For as impressive as the page is, it should have a clean logo. :-X

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
    • Last Edit: 18 years 2 months ago by Dan Gamber.
    • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
    • Cubfan
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Dan Gamber wrote:
      Please take this as a compliment, I would not pick a nit like this if I wasn't VERY impressed with what you did.  On your main index (home) page, the Wesley logo in the upper left should be done as a GIF instead of a JPG.  You're getting too much compression and fuzziness.

You know, I think you're right. That should be a pretty easy fix, but I'd have to modify each of the templates to do it. Someday when I have the time.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds