Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Broke my site uninstalling MC

• SOLVED Broke my site uninstalling MC

Posted 9 years 4 months ago
    • I'm trying to migrate a 2.5.x site to 3.x I'm also moving to a more modern template with Gantry.

I'm doing all this in a development environment.

First, I upgraded Joomla which went fine but broke the front end. Then I installed the new template (anachron) and gantry. At that point, the site worked both front and back end.

Than I started uninstalling old templates. Without thinking, I uninstalled rt_missioncontrol. Now I can't access the site at all. Both front and back end are just blank and this log shows the error:

PHP message: PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/srv/www/MY_DEV_SITE_XXX/public_html/administrator/templates/rt_missioncontrol/lib/missioncontrol.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /srv/www/MY_DEV_SITE_XXX/public_html/plugins/system/missioncontrol/missioncontrol.php on line 13

Is there an easy fix or have I done a 'bad bad thing'?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Broke my site uninstalling MC

Posted 9 years 4 months ago
    • Hmmm, really you should have changed your default admin template first before you removed mission control - because now you're left in limbo-land - admin still set to mission control, but no mission control installed.

The correct order should have been:

0. backup backup backup!
      1. check you meet J3 specs and that all your non-rt products will work with J3.
      2. change site admin to one of standard joomla admin
      3. update all RT products to latest versions and test
      4. update joomla to J3.x
      5. backup backup backup.

You could try using phpmyadmin to change admin default template... i'd say reinstall mission control - but it doesn't work on J3.x and probably wouldn't install anyway.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Broke my site uninstalling MC

Posted 9 years 3 months ago
    • Hi MrT
      I think there are more to Missioncontrol than the advice you gave here. I am not using Missioncontrol, but just to make sure, I made it my admin template, and then changed to bluestork before I uninstalled the template. Now I also have white screens, same as Sliptonic. What should one do? I cannot upgrade to Joomla 3 and thought maybe Missioncontrol was preventing it ...
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Posted 9 years 3 months ago
    • Sliptonic wrote:
      .. Without thinking, I uninstalled rt_missioncontrol...
      Sliptonic wrote:
      I am not using Missioncontrol,

Bit hard to reconcile those two things... but ok...

White screens are usually server500 errors (look in browser console) - then if you look in apache error log you should get a more detailed error message associated with that.

Check that your server environment meets the requirements for J3.
      System Requirements:

Apache 2.x or Microsoft IIS 7
      PHP support for the SQLite PDO driver
      PHP support for the MySQL PDO driver
      MySQL (5.0.4 or higher) with InnoDB support
      PHP support for PDO
      PHP support for GD2
      PHP 5.3.x and above (not php 5.5)

Also, if you are running Joomla 3.0, the minimum specs for Joomla 3.0 are found here http://www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=675&t=180131&rb_v=viewtopic - you can safely ignore this link if you are running J2.5.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Stargazer
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    • I successfully migrated from Joomla 2.5 to Joomla 3.3. Looked for my templates and saw that there is unused (as I guessed) Mission Control. I have uninstalled it and my site is getting broken - as at frontend, as at backend too:
      Warning: require_once(/var/www/vinnytsiamuseum/vinnytsia-museum.in.ua/administrator/templates/rt_missioncontrol/lib/missioncontrol.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vinnytsiamuseum/vinnytsia-museum.in.ua/plugins/system/missioncontrol/missioncontrol.php on line 13
      What the evil magic was in that MissionControl?
    • Last Edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Stargazer.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Stargazer - Sorry but I'm struggling to understand you. As I said above mission control is not compatible with Joomla 3 - therefore BEFORE you update to J3 you should change the admin default template from mission control to one of the joomla admin templates (isis etc) and then uninstall mission control from extension manager > manage. Once this is done you can then migrate to J3. The error message you are getting implies to me that mission control is still set as admin template but that you have uninstalled mission control.

Regards, Mark.
    • Stargazer
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• MC - bright example of how incorretly to make software.
      Not surprizing that this template is dead one.
      It was not default admin template in my Joomla 2.5 installation. Bluestork was the default. So I guessed that I can safetely uninstall it.
      Thank God there is Akeeba Backup - bright example of right software. MC's authors - shame on you!!!

• Hello Mark
      Before I even attempted to upgrade to 3.3 from 2.5, I tried to uninstall MC on my test site, and it breaks the site every time. Seems to me you cannot uninstall MC at all, and it has not been my admin template for years. Very annoying.
      I looked in the apache error log, and cannot see anything wrong there; there are no mentioning of the problem at all.
      I'll try a new installation on my Xamp site and see how it goes. Perhaps there will be a note in the error log this time.
      Kind regards
      Jaco
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Stargazer and Jaco Thom - We want to help and look at this issue - so I am going to do some more testing - It would be very helpful if you could provide admin details of these broken site because it is news to us that you can't uninstall mission control. Could you both tell me what SITE template you were using too.

Mission control has been an extrmely popular and free admin template, unfortunately we have not had time to develop it for use on J3 as the DEVS are working hard on gantry5. Mission control was developed by our CEO, Andy.

Regards, Mark.

• Hello Mark
      I am using Alerion 1.1 with Joomla 2.5.27 on the test site.
      I tried once more, and it broke again, so I cannot give you all the details. The Apache error log looks like this (and I have no idea what it means):

[Fri Jan 09 16:36:09.880912 2015] [ssl:warn] [pid 9304:tid 568] AH01909: www.example.com:1443:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
      [Fri Jan 09 16:36:10.507947 2015] [core:warn] [pid 9304:tid 568] AH00098: pid file C:/xampp/apache/logs/httpd.pid overwritten -- Unclean shutdown of previous Apache run?
      [Fri Jan 09 16:36:10.676957 2015] [ssl:warn] [pid 9304:tid 568] AH01909: www.example.com:1443:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
      [Fri Jan 09 16:36:12.104037 2015] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 9304:tid 568] AH00455: Apache/2.4.10 (Win32) OpenSSL/1.0.1h PHP/5.4.31 configured -- resuming normal operations
      [Fri Jan 09 16:36:12.136038 2015] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 9304:tid 568] AH00456: Apache Lounge VC9 Server built: Jul 19 2014 13:07:40
      [Fri Jan 09 16:36:12.136038 2015] [core:notice] [pid 9304:tid 568] AH00094: Command line: 'c:\\xampp\\apache\\bin\\httpd.exe -d C:/xampp/apache'
      [Fri Jan 09 16:36:12.149040 2015] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 9304:tid 568] AH00418: Parent: Created child process 2560
      [Fri Jan 09 16:36:12.653068 2015] [ssl:warn] [pid 2560:tid 576] AH01909: www.example.com:1443:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
      [Fri Jan 09 16:36:12.887081 2015] [ssl:warn] [pid 2560:tid 576] AH01909: www.example.com:1443:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
      [Fri Jan 09 16:36:12.954086 2015] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 2560:tid 576] AH00354: Child: Starting 150 worker threads.

Kind regares
      Jaco

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds