Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Edited: ROK Downloads for Joomla 2.5?

• Edited: ROK Downloads for Joomla 2.5?

Posted 11 years 10 months ago
    • Hi everybody,
      I'm still looking for an extension with which I can offer pdf-files for download on my Joomla site. Does anybody know a free extension for that purpose? It doesn't have to be very extensive but should work togehter with RT-Extensions and Templates.
      I am trying to set up a site with Joomla 2.5.4 and the Diametric Template for J2.5 and I'd like to offer pdf-files with contents from my old site (just for text and - mainly - images/reproductions of paintings)

I've already tried aout Phoca Download Component. But I wasn't very happy with it. It doesn't have the same look and feel like the RT-extensions. I would prefer a RT-Extension.

:arrow:

Now I've seen that there is an extension for Joomla 1.5 from the RT-Team called ROK Downloads. This seems pretty handy. Isn't there a version that would work with Joomla 2.5?
    • Last Edit: 11 years 10 months ago by gerdgerhardloeffler.
    • cdavis411
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Edited: ROK Downloads for Joomla 2.5?

• Phoca Download.
  • Re: Edited: ROK Downloads for Joomla 2.5?

• Thanks for the quick response! :)
    • cdavis411
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Glad to be of service. See you around the board :)

• :arrow:

Now I've seen that there is an extension for Joomla 1.5 from the RT-Team called ROK Downloads. This seems pretty handy. Isn't there a version that would work with Joomla 2.5?

Will the Pro version of the ROK Download extension support Joomla 2.5? It seems very easy to use...
    • cdavis411
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Afaik there is not anything in the near future for a Joomla 2.5 download extension from RT. I would suggest looking at something like Phoca Download.
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• FYI we do have plans to create a new RokDownloads version for 2.5 but this is sometime off, we have plenty of other things we want to get worked on first.
    • Adamck
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Web Developer, IT Assistant, Graphics design, App Developer

• I wrote a small PHP script that will check if a user is registered and then allow them to download a PDF.
      The PDF's where hidden from public (outside the www/public_html) and the links to them where not direct links.
      If the user was not registered they where redirected to the registration page.

You could modify it how you wish, its pretty simple to use and very customizable.

www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=30...58803&rb_v=viewtopic

Ad.
    • Kiss my RSS

Posted 11 years 8 months ago
    • hello,

do you have any informations when the RokDownloads starts for Joomla 2.5.x?

thanks a lot!

Posted 11 years 8 months ago
    • Hello lucasrust,
      I 'm sorry, I don't have any more information about that topic than what is already in this thread. The only solution could possibly be the mentioned php-script above.

gerd

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds