Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Any suggestions for a new host...

• Any suggestions for a new host...

Posted 17 years 6 months ago
    • I'm currently using Web.com (formally interland) right now for all my hosting needs (7 sites). I'm not at all dissatisfied with their service...for me, they've been extremely stable and reliable with better than average customer service. However, they also seem to be quite a bit more expensive than many other hosting providers.

I should also mention that I particpate in their reseller program.

Any other providers that you all would reccommend?

Thanks...Tracy
    • Last Edit: 17 years 6 months ago by Tracy Morris.
    • Franck
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Any suggestions for a new host...

• Oh yes! I recommend hostgator.com, very good and $10 per month for unlimited sites ;)
  • Re: Any suggestions for a new host...

• Thanks for the tip Franck. Host Gator's looking pretty good!

• I just got on board with siteground.com. You pay yearly, and I believe it can to just under $72 for one year. The numbers on what they provide is just unbelievable, and what they claim about tech support is true. I had a question about the register_globals issue with them and I was getting email replies within minutes (literally 3-5 min).

You get 40gb disk space and 900mb bandwidth per account.

With reselling, I plan to get on with that as well when I need it. It basically costs you the same amount ($72) for one year, although with quantity it becomes cheaper. And if you just want to use add-on domains (sending another domain to a sub-dir of your account) that only costs $30 per year.

Phil
    • Last Edit: 17 years 6 months ago by Philip Smith.
    • -- ChurchWiz - Easy & Affordable Church Websites
      -- www.churchwiz.com

• Looks like $36 per year for each reseller account. Still checking the rest of what they have to offer.

Thanks for the tip Philip.

• Peter are you using Dreamhost? Looks solid. How is their customer service?

• I am using both Hostpc and DreamHost , hostpc customer support is better but dreamhost is updated more frequently plus they give you the option of PHP4 or PHP5 and shell access, however they use their own control panel if I had to make a choice I would go with dreamhost.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Kat05.
    • VirtueShop

• Sounds like a good choice Peter. Thanks for the advice.
    • damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Any suggestions for a new host...

Posted 17 years 5 months ago
    • Hello
      I've got three hosts. One in the UK for very spcific sites that need a UK host (long story), Bluehost and Rochen.
      I've recently gone over to Rochen and am planning to move everything apart from the one site that needs to be hosted in the UK over some time soon (it's a horrible job though so I'm putting it off).
      Bluehost are very good and I've only had one issue with them and they fixed it very quickly. Rochen host Joomla, are a little more expensive but the support is top draw.
      I think with all hosts, go on recommendation and monitor sites/speeds at randon times before jumping in.
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds