Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Mercado - March 2011 Template Released!

• Ben Lee
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Mercado - March 2011 Template Released!

Posted 13 years 1 week ago
    • Hi Gigi,

These things have been discussed a lot on the forum already but the quick summary is that Ecwid offers a lot more when it comes to features and ease of use as well as updates being automatic. For many people these features are a great deal and easier to setup than a full shopping cart site.

Ecwid does work off the Ecwid servers, but so do things like Facebook, Twitter, Google Apps, and many others. Most of the things people use regularly now are hosted on other servers and not your own. It's one direction that the web is moving too and RocketTheme wanted to support that as an option.

Redshop is a shopping cart software that you can host on your own server with many features and it does nearly everything. It's also a little more stable than other shopping carts offered for Joomla and their templating is much easier to accommodate than others too.

Tienda is also a shopping cart that is hosted on your server and it has a very fair list of features and is easy to use.

Virtuemart is old software and has a lot of issues. Just because something displays on the screen does not mean it's working correctly. There are plenty of issues with the way templating works for Virtuemart that make it a nightmare to develop for and there are also other usability issues that cause headaches. These are a couple reasons that RocketTheme chose not to support Virtuemart this time around. From what I hear, Virtuemart is in the midst of a complete code re-write anyways, so anything done now will not carry over and the template would have to be completely redone at the time of it's new release.

Ecwid does have a free option that offers a good bit and then they have very affordable pay options that offer more.

If you're looking at a shopping cart system that you feel is too big for Ecwid to handle, you're probably looking at a very large store with lots of features and should really entertain a better ecommerce solution like Magento.
    • gigi
    • Elite Rocketeer

Posted 13 years 1 week ago
    • Ben Lee wrote:
      Hi Gigi,

These things have been discussed a lot on the forum already but the quick summary is that Ecwid offers a lot more when it comes to features and ease of use as well as updates being automatic. For many people these features are a great deal and easier to setup than a full shopping cart site.
      One thing I can say:
      I understood all your explanation, it is unusual for me to understand everything in English, but this time.
      Thank you very much for your interest. Now I have a clearer. It was a very good exposure.
      I hope someone comes into my post and he explains in another language as used ECwid.
      Thank you very much Ben
    • denali.dietapino.com/index.php/es/
  • Re: Mercado - March 2011 Template Released!

Posted 12 years 9 months ago
    • so the mercado template is mostly for 1.5 version?

the options for the eCommerce solutions are only compatible with 1.5.
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• We made ecwid compatible with 1.6. Can't do much about 3rd party support however.

• Hola Gigi

Yo tambien estoy considerando mercado - y, siendo ingles es quizas más fácil!!

No obstante en la pagina de Ecwid veo que hay opciones para front end que incluyen español - per opara el back end no hay (hay en otras idiomas - curioso!!)

Lo que estoy intentando aclarar es si hay opciones de cambio - como Joomfish para que el usuario elige su idioma - supongo que si.... pero he supesto muchas cosas en el pasado....

merece mas investigación, creo.
    • DianaRae
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Posted 12 years 8 months ago
    • Disregard. Upon further reading I found my answer.
    • Last Edit: 12 years 8 months ago by DianaRae.
    • Diana Rae
      *I was a blond in my past life - please be patient*
    • gigi
    • Elite Rocketeer

• steve cameron wrote:
      Hola Gigi

Yo tambien estoy considerando mercado - y, siendo ingles es quizas más fácil!!

No obstante en la pagina de Ecwid veo que hay opciones para front end que incluyen español - per opara el back end no hay (hay en otras idiomas - curioso!!)

Lo que estoy intentando aclarar es si hay opciones de cambio - como Joomfish para que el usuario elige su idioma - supongo que si.... pero he supesto muchas cosas en el pasado....

merece mas investigación, creo.
      Hola Steve,
      Espero que tenga suerte y que me avise.
      Gracias, hsta pronto.
    • denali.dietapino.com/index.php/es/

• Hola

al final elegi otra plantilla - Mynxx - usando Virtuemart....

también hable con los de RedShop - y no estan compatible con Joomfish - o sea no es opción...

preferi tener todo dentro de mi paquete - y no depender de un tercero (que por lo que veo es la forma de funcionar Ecwid) - aunque encuentro VM bastante complicado y poco intuitivo.

Supongo que como mucho con Joomla es cuestión de evaluar las ventajas y desventajas....

Posted 12 years 5 months ago
    • Hi there,

How about now that 1.6 and 1.7 have been out for a while why is there still no Rocketlauncher for 1.7?

:(

Cheers,

T.
    • 253INC

Posted 12 years 3 months ago
    • Any chance someone will answer the question as to why we STILL don't have a RocketLauncher for Mercado for Joomla 1.7?

:(

Cheers,

E.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds