Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

[Closed] Rokgallery randomly assigning tags and galleries

• [Closed] Rokgallery randomly assigning tags and galleries

Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    • i notice an issue with rokgallery. When i upload images, then create galleries, then assign galleries to select groups of these images, i often see 'mistakes' with the assigning. When i check on the individual images to see what gallery they belong to, i see wrong gallery assigned.

Same thing happens to assigning individual tags. When i check on the individual images to see what tags and they have, i see wrong tags have been assigned.

I can eventually get all images lined up, but am confused as to how wrong galleries and/or tags could be assigned.

Is this a joomla database issue; or is it a rokgallery issue?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: [Closed] Rokgallery randomly assigning tags and galleries

• We would need to see this on your site and you would also need to give us exact step-by-step to reproduce this consistently - otherwise it could be a very long process to diagnose the issue.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: [Closed] Rokgallery randomly assigning tags and galleries

• Hello Mark, I am having problem with PLAYADELCARMENSPORTFISHING.COM .
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to CARIBBEANSOL, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I checked that "topgun" gallery and it only has one image in it?

I check the module and it only finds one image also?

I couldn't find the page where you have used this module via loadposition? Please provide link.

So... to me everything is correct.

Try clearing your browser cache.

Regards, Mark.

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• The wildbill gallery does contain lots of images (see screenshots).

What's worse though is there are lots of slices too for each image (45 in the example shown). Remove all the slices you don't need especially if the image is in the wrong gallery.

You also don't have the gallery setting checked whereby if you remove the image from a gallery it would atuomatically delete the slice (which may account for why you have so many slices and images assigned to the wrong galleries).

Regards, Mark.

• Hello. Unfortunately there are a few problems with my using RokGallery...

> You say "You also don't have the gallery setting checked whereby if you remove the image from a gallery it would atuomatically delete the slice" . I check this setting and save and it immediately 'unchecks' itself

> My 'Team' images showed only 'team' for a tag until i edited a few boats by adding the tag 'boats' to a very select group of images. When i reopen the team images, most of them have the tag 'boats' suddenly added to them.

> My 'WildBill' images showed only the tags 'boats' and 'wildbill', until i edited a few boats by adding the tag 'boats' to a select group of images with the tag 'topgun'. And now my 'wildbill' images also have this tag 'topgun'

> So i cannot play whack-a-mole any longer. I will have to scrap all RokGalleryies on this site and find a third-party gallery.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds