Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Rokbox or Lighbox on Magento

• VisPrada
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • web stuff

SOLVED Rokbox or Lighbox on Magento

Posted 11 years 9 months ago
    • Investigating switching over to a Magento template for a catalog site (no cart - no online selling) but wanting to customize the Product Detail Page a bit vs what I'm seeing on templates.

On every Magento template on the RT demo, the main image zooms within the image box when clicked. We much prefer to do the rokbox popup (aka lightbox). can i swap that out in these templates?

Also, additional images are hidden, is there a thumbnail scroller or something instead?

and the other part of it is, how easy (or difficult) is it to turn off pricing and the cart?
    • Last Edit: 11 years 8 months ago by VisPrada.
    • Sam Mahoney
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED Rokbox or Lighbox on Magento

• There's a built in lightbox option for the ProductView extension, you just change the setting in the config page in the admin.

Additional images are shown in a slide-up panel, but again these can be shown beneath the main image - this is also a setting in the admin.

Regarding turning off pricing, you can simply override the price template with a blank one.
    • STEP 1 IN MAGENTO DEVELOPMENT - DISABLE YOUR CACHE OR YOU WON'T SEE ANY CHANGES.
      Use the new "secure" tab when replying for privately sharing links.
      Check the "Useful Snippets" post for tips.
    • VisPrada
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • web stuff

• Awesome. Thank you Sam!!!

All good news.

Sorry for bothering you with such basic questions, just know nothing of Magento and trying to see if this will work before I pony up the dough.

- Do the Magento Club templates (esp. Halcyon) have mobile versions built in like the Joomla Club templates do? (I did not see it listed on the Mag page)
      - Kind of an ambiguous question, but how big of difference will I find working with Mag Club temps vs Joomla Club temps? (Magento looks like a pretty big system and I am not so strong on the PHP side of things. I have a tendency to customize beyond the admin panel controls which is what kept me away from Ecwid.)

thanks for your feedback, appreciate it!
      Cheers!
    • Sam Mahoney
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• There's a universal mobile theme, which can be easily customized using the jQuery Mobile ThemeRoller. See the demo here - demo.rockettheme.com/magento/magento_1601/index.html

Magento is totally different to Joomla, so forget all you've learned :-) But there's some very useful features for developers in Magento, so once you get to grips with those it's pretty easy to customize. Plus it has a great hierarchy, so you can simply copy a core file to the local folder, and make your changes to that, and it will override the core.
    • STEP 1 IN MAGENTO DEVELOPMENT - DISABLE YOUR CACHE OR YOU WON'T SEE ANY CHANGES.
    • VisPrada
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • web stuff

• Thank you for answering all my questions Sam, very much appreciate it!!!
      The mobile template is awesome better than the joomla ones! Theme Roller is really cool as well.

So, with the mobile, I install it, style it with theme roller, then what? Just point it to my site to pull content? How does that part work?

Do I have mobile menu controls such that I could make the mobile a stripped down version of the site if certain pages or section weren't really relevant to a mobile version?

I think I'm running out of questions. :)
      Just gotta make sure I can do all I need to make the boss happy.

cheers,
      Vis
    • Sam Mahoney
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Magento has design exceptions, so you simply add the mobile devices you want included and set the design exception to use the mobile theme. There's a full explanation in our Magento forum.

The mobile theme has it's own settings, so you can decide which CMS pages to include for example, and which items are linked in the menu etc. You can also use a local.xml file to disable unwanted sections, again explained in the forum in full.
  • Re: SOLVED Rokbox or Lighbox on Magento

Posted 11 years 8 months ago
    • Hello!

I installed panacea, but I see the option to lightbox. I've downloaded and installed manually and does not work, a help please?
    • Sam Mahoney
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Posted 11 years 8 months ago

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds