• Sr. Rocketeer

SOLVED Incorrect paths for Roksprocket images

Posted 4 years 4 months ago
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Incorrect paths for Roksprocket images

• Please would you post your URL, admin id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Also, Please post your FTP logon, password and FTP URL in the secure area of your post.

Your subscription appears to have expired. Support does require a current subscription.

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • sc123
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• MrT wrote:
      Please would you post your URL, admin id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Also, Please post your FTP logon, password and FTP URL in the secure area of your post.

Your subscription appears to have expired. Support does require a current subscription.

Regards, Mark.

I thought RokSprocket was free? RT requires a subscription to support a free plugin?

I am happy to troubleshoot the issue myself, I just can't do it without access to those articles. The site in question is on a shared server just like the other person was, so it may be a quick fix.
    • Looking for help? I'm a RocketTheme Developer, eCommerce and SEO service provider, and Google Partner. PM me and let me know what you're looking for!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Roksprocket is free to download and use, support is not.

Access to the articles also requires a subscription.

I have taken a screenshot of the topic for you though.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: sc123

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • sc123
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Thanks MrT. That solved the issue.

As you know, editing code in a plugin is not a great solution as it'll just be overwritten by future plugin updates. Are there any plans to fix this in future updates?

Also, earlier in the code in that file there is this:
      			if (!$container->platforminfo->isLinkExternal($image_source)) {
      				$size_check_path = $container->platforminfo->getPathForUrl($image_source);
      				$image->filepath = $size_check_path;
      				/// if the image source doesnt start with / assume its relative to root
      			} else {
      				$size_check_path = $image_source;
      			}

Maybe something like that needs to be added?
    • Looking for help? I'm a RocketTheme Developer, eCommerce and SEO service provider, and Google Partner. PM me and let me know what you're looking for!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• No, because the fix is only required on shared hosting. We're really only doing major bug fixes now on roksprocket - it's an old extension now and all the new g5 templates tend to use particles rather that any RT extensions any longer.

Regards, Mark.
    • sc123
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• MrT wrote:
      No, because the fix is only required on shared hosting. We're really only doing major bug fixes now on roksprocket - it's an old extension now and all the new g5 templates tend to use particles rather that any RT extensions any longer.

Regards, Mark.

You don't believe that most people using RokSprocket are on shared hosting???

Didn't I read somewhere that most of your install base is still on Gantry 4? They both have about the same number of installs in the WordPress repo.

Also, just FYI - there is a problem with gantry.org's SSL cert. The site is loading insecure and has tons of errors in the console.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• It's not every shared hosting either. It's down to the hacky way that some shared hosts implement virtual hosts and symlinks and it's also related to http vs https. So, it's not as straigthforward as you might first believe.

I've noted your comments about the gantry.org being insecure and I've passed that along to our development team to check out. I didn't see "tons of errors in the console" though - so I'd be interested to see a screenshot of those so I can pass that along too.

Regards, Mark.
    • sc123
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• MrT wrote:
      It's not every shared hosting either. It's down to the hacky way that some shared hosts implement virtual hosts and symlinks and it's also related to http vs https. So, it's not as straigthforward as you might first believe.

I've noted your comments about the gantry.org being insecure and I've passed that along to our development team to check out. I didn't see "tons of errors in the console" though - so I'd be interested to see a screenshot of those so I can pass that along too.

Regards, Mark.

The errors are gone now. Maybe they were intermittent.

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds